Creature conversions - anyone interested?

Justin

I tried looking for this in the forum, but couldn't find any old discussions on the topic. If I've missed something, let me know.

I know Hierax has a few xD&D "monster" conversions on his website, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in other things beyond the Beastiary? I currently have Aboleth, Beholder, Behir, and a couple dozen others made up that I use in my FH campaign. They were 3rd Ed, but I'm working on converting to 5th Ed (there's not much difference, but I want to make sure all the Is are dotted and the Ts crossed). And if people are interested, should I upload them here or set them up on a website?

LEGAL STUFF: The above creature names are probably copyright WOTC. Hero system stuff is copyright Haro Games. My stuff is a fan produced work, and no intent to intrude on the copyrights of anyone is intended.

Re: Creature conversions - anyone interested?

Cool! I knew my stuff would run the risk of redundancy, but (as you say) there's always room for more!

And you have a link for Surbrook's stuff! (I've been away from gaming for a while and had forgotten about him!) :D

And, oh yeah, you seem new to the board, so welcome, have some rep, don't drink the salsa without a celery stalk, tabasco & vodka, and stay out of the NGD! It's dangerous in there. ;) OH! And... somewhere there are new forum rules (I think in "Rules Questions" as stickies) so you'll want to go over those right quick so you don't make any faux pas.

Cool! I knew my stuff would run the risk of redundancy, but (as you say) there's always room for more!

And you have a link for Surbrook's stuff! (I've been away from gaming for a while and had forgotten about him!) :D

You really should start navigating Surbrook's Stuff from his homepage. If you've been gone as long as you say, I think you'll find much new goodness there. :king:

And Thia is right, where are my manners?! :o Welcome to the community, Justin! Anything you want to ask or share, post away. Overall we're a pretty helpful and receptive group. :cool:

And Thia is right' date=' where are my manners?![/quote']

In your other pants, which I left at the dry cleaners for you. If you'd be so kind as to put the check for the cleaning bill in the mail, I'd appreciate it. Oh, and the cat is fine.

What?

You really should start navigating Surbrook's Stuff from his homepage. If you've been gone as long as you say' date=' I think you'll find much new goodness there. :king: [/quote']

And, as you can see, I am more than happy to accept submissions.

I'll hopefully start getting them posted this weekend--we're in the middle of moving to a new house, so both internet access and "copious free time" are in short supply. And Michael, I'll definitely be submitting them to you, with many thanks. :D

OK, here we go.

Aboleth: I use aboleth as a "major bad guy" in one of my plot-directed campaigns--similar to the Drow in AD&D's "Giants, Drow, Lolth" series of modules.

Agathion: Think "Angels" from Judeo-Christian-Islamic mythology. They are Servant Spirits that can manifest as any sentient race of the campaign world.

Note: References to "Tanis" in these sheets is a reference to my campaign world.

Wow, you're using a very, very old version of the Aboleth. The new, improved version has a Major Transform, Sentient Humanoid into Skum, it's the size of an medium airplane, and is also Immortal. If you want to update your version, you can check the SRD, they're also detailed in Lords of Madness, one of the better splat books d20 has put out recently.

This all looks like 4th Edition HERO material. Is that the case?

Even older--I'd originally written them up as 3rd Ed. :) Fuzion/4th Ed didn't kick my trigger, and while I don't have 5th ed yet (it's on my Christmas request list), a friend bought me a copy of HD. I've been playing with it for a while, but I'm still catching up.

Wow' date=' you're using a very, very old version of the Aboleth.[/quote']

Yup. This is based off the aboleth of the hardcover Monstrous Manual (AD&D 2nd Ed). I wanted the characters off in the Aboleth's city for a while, but I didn't want them permanently transformed into skum. Once the gaming budget opens up some (we're moving into a house, so the budget is on a severe crunch), I'll be looking into more recent sources.

Side note: what's really sick and twisted is I have almost as much fun playing with the conversions as gaming.