CP Wagering

CorpCommander

Does anyone allow this? It was originally in Champs III I think. Basically the idea was you earned some Character Points and then wagered them in the danger room. If you survived the exercise without having to hit the Emergency Stop! button or getting KO's/KIA'd then you gained an extra CP.

I can't remember if its in the new Champions books or not. Another thread here on Goodman got me to pull out the old books and I came across Champs III's handling of danger rooms and the bit on CP Wagering. Fun stuff!

Re: CP Wagering

I remember it well. I used to have program that simulated a danger room. Almost nobody was willing to wager points in the Danger Room since the players would lose (and lose the points) about 75% of the time. In fact I don't recall anyone ever being willing to take the gamble.

However the danger room could be a fun game all by itself.

Does anyone allow this? It was originally in Champs III I think. Basically the idea was you earned some Character Points and then wagered them in the danger room. If you survived the exercise without having to hit the Emergency Stop! button or getting KO's/KIA'd then you gained an extra CP.

I can't remember if its in the new Champions books or not. Another thread here on Goodman got me to pull out the old books and I came across Champs III's handling of danger rooms and the bit on CP Wagering. Fun stuff!

Sounds like a kick. Now how to simulate the danger room hiding the river cards.

I found the old Danger Room computer program we used to use. I didn't write it. This thing was written in BASIC and compiled back in the day when people still used DOS a lot. I can get it to run on my Windows XP/Pro machine but some of the text gets cut off on the left side of the screen. It is an executable and the source code is long gone so if you are curious all you can do is give it a try and see if it will work on your system. It would be real helpful if you have an old copy of Champions III so you'll know what its talking about as you play with it.

NOTE: Since the old program was an .exe file I have changed the name in order to upload it. It is now named DANGER.TXT but it isn't a text file. In order to try and run it you'll have to change the name to DANGER.EXE once you download it.