Fun power - how to create it

SirWilliam

I'm currently playing a hero who big and strong, and can fly. Fairly straightforward right?

So now I'm thinking an AOE attack would be useful. Something along the lines of the kid hitting the floor in Sky High. Would a HA with Explosion do the trick? The character has a base of 50 Str, plus up to another 35 with limitations and pushing.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

HA +3 1/2 d6 (To make it fit my EC better)

Explosion +1/2 Nonselective target -1/4

HA attack -1/2

Full Phase -1/2

Only when in contact with the ground -1/4

Only in Heroic ID -1/4

Not vs Flying targets -1/4

Does x1.5 Knockback +1/2

Only does Knockdown -1

Now IIRC the GM said the explosion would only apply to the HA attack DC's so in this case it would only carry out to 4 hexes. If this is the case then the target hex (at my base Str) would get 13 1/2d6, and the outer ring would get 11 1/2 d6. Correct?

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, so feel free to suggest them.

Re: Fun power - how to create it

In order for your STR to work for all this, you'd have to buy STR with all the same lims/advantages. In that case, you might as well just buy more HA dice to make it simpler.

You could also do all of it as an Energy Blast with "No Range". This avoids any complications with adding STR and HA dice up. In the end, it should cost the same number of points since "Hand to Hand Attack" is replaced with "No Range".

I'm currently playing a hero who big and strong, and can fly. Fairly straightforward right?

So now I'm thinking an AOE attack would be useful. Something along the lines of the kid hitting the floor in Sky High. Would a HA with Explosion do the trick? The character has a base of 50 Str, plus up to another 35 with limitations and pushing.

HA attack -1/2

Full Phase -1/2

Only in Heroic ID -1/4

Does x1.5 Knockback +1/2

Only does Knockdown -1

Now IIRC the GM said the explosion would only apply to the HA attack DC's so in this case it would only carry out to 4 hexes. If this is the case then the target hex (at my base Str) would get 13 1/2d6, and the outer ring would get 11 1/2 d6. Correct?

In order for your STR to work for all this, you'd have to buy STR with all the same lims/advantages. In that case, you might as well just buy more HA dice to make it simpler.

You could also do all of it as an Energy Blast with "No Range". This avoids any complications with adding STR and HA dice up. In the end, it should cost the same number of points since "Hand to Hand Attack" is replaced with "No Range".

His str gets to figure into it with all the advantages and disads automatically untill he hits a number of dice from str as he has bought. IE he is buying 3.5 dice so he can add 3.5 dice with no worry from his str but the remaining amount of str will just be normal. Or at least that is how I read the rules on adding Str to damage.

HA attack -1/2

Full Phase -1/2

Only in Heroic ID -1/4

Does x1.5 Knockback +1/2

Only does Knockdown -1

Not sure if you have a copy (and as I'm at the office I don't have mine

at hand) but if possible take a look in The Ultimate Brick for "Brick Tricks".

The attack you describe is a bit like what was once (back in

Champions II as I recall :think: ) called "Crack The Whip", which is now

basically bought as Energy Blast with the Indirect advantage and some

other modifiers (as required). I think that the listing in UB is on

page 56....maybe. :D To get the effect you describe you might want

to add "Hole In Center" or "Personal Immunity" since as I recall the scene

the ripple effect of his punch left a small area surounding him undisturbed.

-Carl-

By my reading of the rules, the way this would work is the strength would be prorated when its added to the HA.

So basically, divide that STR by 1.5, and thats the amount of strength added to the HA. In this case, it leads to a HA of 9.5 d6 with the explosion, or 14.5d6 if you add the limited strength.

you don't recalculate the value of the str becuase of the advantages on the HA. You add directly to it with only a limit as to how much you can add being equal to your HA.

Now in the case of HKA you add str at a equated value based on the adders on the HKA. Such as a AP HKA would have you adding one DC(damage Class) from you str at a rate of 7.5pts of str for one DC. Also in the case of HKAs you can only add str up to double the HKA's starting value.

La Rose