Creature: Grandfather-of-all-the-Reptiles

Susano

Re: Creature: Grandfather-of-all-the-Reptiles

It has 6" of Running. So it spends 1 END to move 6" per Phase. While this isn't very realistic with regards to its size and mass' date=' it's a fantasy creature after all.[/quote']

OK, that's what I thought. Maybe if it had a disadvantage that caused it to have to spend more END on movement, the PCs could try to do some hit and run to try to bait it into wearing itself out.

OK' date=' that's what I thought. Maybe if it had a disadvantage that caused it to have to spend more END on movement, the PCs could try to do some hit and run to try to bait it into wearing itself out.[/quote']

You'd have to slap something like x10 END on its Running to pull that off. It has 80 END.

Edit: A better way would to simply apply "No Noncombat Movement" to its Running. Thus, it moves a max of 6" a Phase and can't "run" anywhere. It also can't Leap.

Edit: A better way would to simply apply "No Noncombat Movement" to its Running. Thus' date=' it moves a max of 6" a Phase and can't "run" anywhere. It also can't Leap.[/quote']

That would be logical (for those who apply logic to their fantasy worlds). I have a hard time imagining something this heavy and with its limbs arranged they way they are being able (or wanting) to jump.

It has 6" of Running. So it spends 1 END to move 6" per Phase. While this isn't very realistic with regards to its size and mass' date=' it's a fantasy creature after all.[/quote']

Actually there doesn't seem to be a connection between size and slowness/difficulty in moving. Elephants are pretty damn big, but they are not only scary fast when they want but can walk for many hours at a time without apparently getting tired. I think END use is relative :)

Of course they need to eat a huge amount to generate all that energy, but they don't seem to be handicapped by their size. Of course this is a really big turtle, and turtles are not known for their speed, so limiting its movement might be reasonable. OTOH, for something that size, 6" already is pretty slow movement.

cheers, Mark

Actually there doesn't seem to be a connection between size and slowness/difficulty in moving. Elephants are pretty damn big' date=' but they are not only scary fast when they want but can walk for many hours at a time without apparently getting tired. I think END use is relative :)[/quote']

Being pursued by uplifted elephant-people would pretty much define unfun for a player-character -- a pursuer too powerful to take on in a fight who never gives up and gains ground every time you take a rest. Imagine what sort of bounty hunters they would make....

Getting back to Grandfather, his movement might be slowed by his choice of terrain. I can;t think of anything that big having really good footing in a swamp.

Being pursued by uplifted elephant-people would pretty much define unfun for a player-character -- a pursuer too powerful to take on in a fight who never gives up and gains ground every time you take a rest. Imagine what sort of bounty hunters they would make....

Getting back to Grandfather, his movement might be slowed by his choice of terrain. I can;t think of anything that big having really good footing in a swamp.

He's massive enough it no longer matters. IMO anyway.