Plane Ponderation

L. Marcus

Re: Plane Ponderation

Small seaplane ? I got just what you need right here boy ! The Supermarine Walrus. Biplane, pusher propellor, range 600 miles, speed 135 mph (yeah maybe with a tailwind !) Designed as a shipboard reconnaisence aircraft it was most often used for air/sea rescue (responsible for over 7000 rescues of downed airmen in the home and Mediterranean theatres alone during World war II) First saw service in the 1920s and was in use as late as the Korean War. Wood and canvas construction. Just one owner, a British Heavy Cruiser. Has three seats and two machine guns. What am I bid ?

. . . The plane should fit a South Seas Pulp character -- an Great War Ace turned courier pilot in the Phillipines circa '35.

Heh... I did the Sikorsky S-38-A because it's the plane of Lance Pallant and his crew. So far I've finished Sora-Hime ("Sky Princess"), but have rough plans for the other four characters.

Damn you, Surbrook! Damn you -- and your cough! :shakes fist in vain:

Nice, as always. :) Just one thing -- I don't think it can take off. Neither its Running or its Swimming can't get it up to Stall Speed.

Heh... I did the Sikorsky S-38-A because it's the plane of Lance Pallant and his crew. So far I've finished Sora-Hime ("Sky Princess")' date=' but have rough plans for the other four characters.[/quote']

What is this Lance Pallant of which you speak?

Damn you, Surbrook! Damn you -- and your cough! :shakes fist in vain:

Nice, as always. :)

:D:P:D

What is this Lance Pallant of which you speak?

Lance Pallant -- American ex-barnstormer, turned courier pilot in SE Asia. Co-owns a S-38 A (the Airracuda). Has assorted PH skills dealing with piloting (Hotshot Pilot, Barnstormer).

John Weston (or Irwin) -- Australian WWI-vet who became a pilot to escape the infantry. Co-owner of the Airracuda and "Can Handle His Booze.

Sora-hime -- Japanese ex-miko, who joined the crew after helping them in the "Case of the 100 Hungry Ghosts." See her link for more.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/original/pulp/sorahime.html

Vivienne Hoang Thi -- French-Vietnamese stewardess for the crew. She does the accounting and such. Is a demon behind the wheel and her father's training has turned her into a wicked gunfighter.

Tamatoa -- Former pirate from Samoa, he's the muscle of the crew. Does all the loading and packing (think longshoreman/teamster), has a 23 STR, and generally good disposition.