First Annual: 12 Days of Christmas* Project

Super Squirrel

Last year there was a very successful run of the 12 Days of Christmas Project. This year, I'd like to do this again but hopefully get more involvement. This is your chance to provide a gift to the Hero Games community. The gift of write-ups.

First you need to pick a theme. This can be anything you want it to be. Last year, I did Spy Gadgets for example. Then, once you know what theme you are going to do, make your 12 Day outline thread. If you click "Quote" on my subsequent post, you can copy and paste my format if you wish.

Then, starting Dec 13th, post your write-up and edit your initial post to link to your write-up. As an added incentive, I also make sure to rep everyone who participates in the event.

*You are not required to do a 12 Days of Christmas. It could be a Hanukkah or Count Down to 2007 Theme if you prefer. But the idea is the spirit of giving something everyday.

Re: First Annual: 12 Days of Christmas* Project

Super Squirrel's 12 Days of Christmas Theme: Lesser Known Divination Spells

• 1st Day of Christmas:
  • 2nd Day of Christmas:
  • 3nd Day of Christmas:
  • 4th Day of Christmas:
  • 5th Day of Christmas:
  • 6th Day of Christmas:
  • 7th Day of Christmas:
  • 8th Day of Christmas:
  • 9th Day of Christmas:
  • 10th Day of Christmas:
  • 11th Day of Christmas:
  • 12th Day of Christmas:

Neat Idea there SS.

Just as an FYI, you do realize that the 12 days of Christmas start on Christmas and end on 12th Night (aka Jan 6th), right?

Yes. I did this intentionally last year as well. It is easier for people to do this prior to the holidays beginning than starting it on a crazy, hectic day and going into New Years.

It also makes the count down to Christmas faster.

This may be rather too ambitious, but it's an idea I've been mulling over for some time. Let's hope this thread gives me the impetus to stop mulling and start writing!

Fantasy Hero Mundane Battlegrounds

The intention behind this series is to present a set of mundane locations, of the kind commonly encountered in a medieval fantasy setting, and show how they make thrilling – and distinctive – fighting arenas.

1. The watermill

2. Aboard ship

3. A peasant house

4. A castle

5. Woodland

6. Natural cave

7. The gallows

8. The joust

9. A log over a stream

10. Archery contest

11. Rooftops

12. A bar-room brawl

Each location will feature specific

Dangers

Distractions

Situational modifiers

Special tactics and stunts

Unlike the published Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds, locations are intended to be generic, rather than specific. Some degree of mapping to illustrate particular circumstances is anticipated, but it's highly unlikely I'll map out an entire castle!