Can't Be Strangled

I have a character that I've been working on, a sonic energy blaster who has an unusual respiratory system. His bones are hollow and there are various orifices throughout his body where he can take in air and power his blasts, also just to breathe. Kind of like Majin Buu's speed holes.

The one advantage he has is he can not be strangled or if he was strangled it would take a concerted effort on the part of the stranglers since all the various blowholes and the like would have to be plugged tightly.

How does one build this using the HERO system? I was thinking self-contained breathing with limitations.

That's a good write up but it seems like it should not function against area effect attacks. Choke hold, no problem. Haylon gas released into the room, however would still be a suffocation attack but oxygenated skin wouldn't negate it since no part of the person's skin would have access to any oxygen.

Originally posted by dbcowboy

That's a good write up but it seems like it should not function against area effect attacks. Choke hold, no problem. Haylon gas released into the room, however would still be a suffocation attack but oxygenated skin wouldn't negate it since no part of the person's skin would have access to any oxygen.

Don't forget: logic overrules the letter of the write-up. This would technically be a suffocation attack, but because it suffocates by keeping oxygen away from the character it falls within the Limitation.