A Dark Future for Dark Champions

Doctor Lorthos

Re: A Dark Future for Dark Champions

That would be really cool for those who really like the setting. Then again, you could also just go through the posts and copy/paste them for personal use, assuming permission from Doctor Lorthos.

I think its a nice alteration of the Wildcards history, if a bit TOO close for my personal tastes... but at least he took out Jetboy. =) that's what they get for asking an eccentric, ancient author to start the series. hehe. Tying it into Hudson City was a nice touch, too, making it easily relevant to a supplement that can fill out all that nitty gritty that's not nearly as entertaining to write.

All in all, sounds like it should be a fun game for Dark Champions, definitely hitting the major themes and giving a good mood and feel for what the world is like. The anti-mutant sentiment is nicely familiar to us former Marvel lovers as well...

wrestlinggeek

I really wish you lived around here, because I want to play in this game. Repped.

Hehe, thanks!

Manic Typist

Yeah.... damn.

Was the MIB reference deliberate, or accidental?

A little of both. I was trying to think of a good name for the organization that sounded like the usual alphabet-goverment thing, and came up with that one. Then I realized what the initials were and laughed at myself. I guess it was a subconcious idea.

Susano

Have you considered a website? Or zipping all of this up into a file for easy downloading?

That's a really good idea. I've been planning to set up a website that will keep up with campaign information and maybe an NPC blog for the players to read. I'll crank everything down into a PDF and stick it on there too.

Remjin

That would be really cool for those who really like the setting. Then again, you could also just go through the posts and copy/paste them for personal use, assuming permission from Doctor Lorthos.

I think its a nice alteration of the Wildcards history, if a bit TOO close for my personal tastes... but at least he took out Jetboy. =) that's what they get for asking an eccentric, ancient author to start the series. hehe. Tying it into Hudson City was a nice touch, too, making it easily relevant to a supplement that can fill out all that nitty gritty that's not nearly as entertaining to write.

All in all, sounds like it should be a fun game for Dark Champions, definitely hitting the major themes and giving a good mood and feel for what the world is like. The anti-mutant sentiment is nicely familiar to us former Marvel lovers as well...

Thanks, I was definitely influenced by the Wild Cards series, it's my favorite superhero fiction. Mainly I just used their "realistic-gritty" tone and the whole Joker concept, which I figure is fairly realistic in this case. If superpowered people are the result of natural evolution, then there should be genetic abberations as well, if I understand my biology properly. Currently in the game I'm not using the so-called "Altered Hero" origin, because in the real world radiation just gives you cancer and being hit by a bolt of lightning while standing next to a rack of chemicals gets you third degree burns instead of super-speed, heh. Setting things in Hudson City was a no-brainer, cause I love the place, and I just bought the new book.

And yeah, if anyone wants to use any part of this for their own campaign, please do and enjoy.

TheQuestionMan

More more more...

Please sir can we have some more...

Sure! I'll be writing up the ground rules for the campaign soon, and when I set up the game website I'll post the URL here. This is kind of a writing exercise for me anyhow, I'm trying to write more often this year and maybe find a way to develop this into a career.

Remjin

"You want more pudding?!"

"How can you have your pudding if you can't eat your meat?"

Susano

That's a really good idea. I've been planning to set up a website that will keep up with campaign information and maybe an NPC blog for the players to read. I'll crank everything down into a PDF and stick it on there too.

Excellent -- can't wait to see it.

• 1 year later...