Improved Critical

Armitage

Re: Improved Critical

To me' date=' this comes back to not trying to capture the mechanic of D&D (or whatever other game), but the feel. [/quote']

I agree for the most part, but there are those few cases when the mechanics are what create/enforce the feel. Then you have to figure out how and why, and replicate what you need in HERO to do the same thing. :)

Re: Improved Critical

I think what I was trying to say (please forgive me, I'm still recovering and I'm not nearly as coherent as y'all are used too) is beyond simply "Don't play D&D in HERO" there's a level of abstractness in the design that's almost impossible to replicate, because we don't use HP, we use STUN & BODY.

In many cases, "critical hits" can replicate an extra Damage Box (if you're using that system to track your mooks), additional BODY or STUN, or possibly you'd want to use it to model additional critical effects. For example, double the BODY or STUN multipliers in a hit zone to increase the chance of disabling a limb.

It's the abstract nature of HP you can't recapture, hence the difficulty associated with building these specific Feats.