Doublechecking My Math

So, a character I'm poking around with has the following (relevant) stats:

STR 20

Offensive Strike

+6d6 HA on Double Knockback

My brain's getting confused figuring out how this works, so I'm doublechecking here. :)

If the character does *not* use the O-Strike in conjunction with the HA, he deals 10d6 Double Knockback with -2d6 Knockback Dice.

If the character does use the O-Strike, he does 12d6 with Double Knockback (max of double the HA), with -3d6 Knockback Dice.

Is that right?

Re: Doublechecking My Math

If the character does use the O-Strike' date=' he does 12d6 with Double Knockback (max of double the HA), with -3d6 Knockback Dice.[/quote']

Actually, there is no 'official' rule that puts a maximum limit on maneuver based bonus damage.

This character could O-Strike or even Haymaker (same +4DC) for 14d6.

-3d6 Knockback is correct regarding the O-Strike.

Actually, there is no 'official' rule that puts a maximum limit on maneuver based bonus damage.

This character could O-Strike or even Haymaker (same +4DC) for 14d6.

-3d6 Knockback is correct regarding the O-Strike.

I thought that fell under the 'no more than doubling Advantaged HA unless you had the Advantage on your STR' rule? Or am I hallucinating that rule (or is it heroic only)?

Edit: I just looked at the character and remembered that I had purchased extra Damage Classes as well ... probably oughtta tone that down. 18d6 Double Knockback might be a wee bit over the top.

I thought that fell under the 'no more than doubling Advantaged HA unless you had the Advantage on your STR' rule? Or am I hallucinating that rule (or is it heroic only)?

Edit: I just looked at the character and remembered that I had purchased extra Damage Classes as well ... probably oughtta tone that down. 18d6 Double Knockback might be a wee bit over the top.

There is a 'hard limit' doubling rule that applies if the HA is built as a focus in a Heroic campaign. But if the HA is not built into a weapon it doesn't apply.

So, a character I'm poking around with has the following (relevant) stats:

STR 20

Offensive Strike

+6d6 HA on Double Knockback

My brain's getting confused figuring out how this works, so I'm doublechecking here. :)

If the character does *not* use the O-Strike in conjunction with the HA, he deals 10d6 Double Knockback with -2d6 Knockback Dice.

If the character does use the O-Strike, he does 12d6 with Double Knockback (max of double the HA), with -3d6 Knockback Dice.

Is that right?

This is one of the most confusing areas of the Hero System!

5ER, p. 405: "With Hand-To-Hand Attacks, HA damage counts a base damage done by STR for purposes of the "doubling damage" rule." So your base damage is 4d6 (for STR 20) + 6d6 DK (for the HA) = 10d6 DK -2d6 KB

Adding in the Offensive Strike adds +4d6 to the Base Damage of 10d6 for a total of 14d6 DK -3d6 KB (for the Martial Maneuver)

Any extra DCs you bought count as base damage if the the attack is unarmed (i.e., not bought through a Focus), extra damage subject to the doubling damage rule if the attack uses a weapon.

I have to re-read 5ER pages 405 through 409 every time one of these complicated damage adder questions comes up.