Random Character Creation

mayapuppies

Re: Random Character Creation

I always liked Central Casting - cool stuf.

I noticed Random Two's background says "She has a natural ability to make others trust her blindly", but I don't see this reflected in the Characteristics or Powers. Would you do this as extra PRE, or some low grade Mind Control?

I always liked Central Casting - cool stuf.

I noticed Random Two's background says "She has a natural ability to make others trust her blindly", but I don't see this reflected in the Characteristics or Powers. Would you do this as extra PRE, or some low grade Mind Control?

That's because it actually applies to the characters mother. Since it isn't directly relevent to teh character I didn't bother writing it up...However, I think I would go with the extra PRE to give it a more gritty feel rather than the "absolute" feel I get from Mind Control.

That's because it actually applies to the characters mother. Since it isn't directly relevent to teh character I didn't bother writing it up...However' date=' I think I would go with the extra PRE to give it a more gritty feel rather than the "absolute" feel I get from Mind Control.[/quote']

I see - I misread and thought it had to do with the child, not the mother.

Really' date=' hmm. I'm going to look into that. I've never used Tablesmith.[/quote']

Tablesmith

I havent used it in a few years, but I had fun playing with it back in the day making randomizers for various things.

Its pretty easy to do basic randomizers, but they can get complex quickly if you are as obsessively geeky as I am :D

Why don't you use Markdoc's random Character designer.

It is still a handraulic system but works really well.

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/9529/Gaming_stuff/lifepath/character_generator1.htm

Cheers

Brian

See, now I've gone and looked at this and I'm thinking this can be merged with the re-made Central Casting one for a really neat system...damn it.:ugly:

See' date=' now I've gone and looked at this and I'm thinking this can be merged with the re-made Central Casting one for a really neat system...damn it.:ugly:[/quote']

It could also be merged with my automated Western Shores package generator - which uses the source books with some modification. Currently a bit wobbly programming wise.

http://www.curufea.com/games/western/5e/packages_f.php

There are basically just two factors stopping me from automating a conglomerate generator based on Markdoc's, mayapuppies' and mine - boredom at work and boredom at home. Currently I'm a bit lacking in the resource of boredom so I haven't been able to work on it. I'm annoyingly busy currently.

Soon though, soon.

Kewl!

If you can put the combined charts together that'd be good. Really what needs to be done is an outline of the steps in the character creation process, and what options should be available at each stage.

Just a listing of "step 1 should use table X from Y's site and lead to the following" would be really handy.