Character submission. Is she viable? [wonders]

Ragdoll

Hi, it's me again. [smiles] I've had this character crawling around my brain for a number of weeks, and today, I made it a point to put her to paper. This one came out a lot faster then my previous work on Falcon. [smiles]

Carol used to work as a art teacher at the local grade school in Ryan, Oklahoma, until she was caught in Takofanes original onslaught towards the eastern seaboard of the United States. He rose in Oklahoma, wiping out any that crossed it's path, including, unfortunately, Carol, as she exited her local super market after leaving work that day. Though Takofanes raised those he killed as his servants, somewhere in the shuffle of undeath, Carol wandered off, dazed and confused. Though dead, she seemed not as the others. The next few weeks were filled with horror as she made her way to Oklahoma city, where she now operates, just trying to stay 'alive' as it were. Her outlook is decidedly grim.

Name: Carol Althea Davens

Alias: Undecided

15 STR (05)

18 DEX (24)

20 CON (20)

20 BOD (20)

10 INT (00)

15 EGO (10)

16 PRE (06)

12 COM (01)

15 PD (12)

10 ED (09)

5 SPD (22)

8 REC (02)

40 END (00)

40 STN (02) [133]

-POWERS-

30 EC: Death Powers

a-12 Entangle: 5d, def 6, stops sight group; Does not Restrict Foci

(-1), Ends if user is rendered unconcious or loses line of sight

(-1/2), No effect vs. non-living things (-1/2).

b-18 Drain: 2d; Continuous (+1), Usable at Range (+1/2), Can drain either END or BOD one at a time (+1/4), 0 END (+1/2), No effect on Living things (-1/2), Linked to above power, cannot use greater power unless this power is also used, greater power often in use (-1/2).

c-15 Summon: Up to eight 110 point zombie; Slavishly loyal (+1), Must inhabit location (-1/2), Arrives under own power (-1/2).

d-24 Energy Blast 4d; NND (+1; Defense is being dead or having Power Defense of 12 or greater), Does Body (+1), No Knockback (-1/4).

15 EC: Living Dead Form

a-15 Life Support: Expanded breathing (4 points, 1 END/20 minutes), Diminished eating (1 point, eat once a week), Safe in extreme heat/cold (4 points), Longevity (5 points), Diminished sleep (1 point. 8 hours/week), Immunity: All terrestrial diseases/biowarfare agents (10 points), Safe in Low/High pressure, High radiation (5 points).

b-15 Damage Reduction: Physical 50%.

c-11 Healing: 1D; 0 END (+1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Resurrection (not if killed by holy means), Self only (-1/2), Extra Time: 1 body/day

(-2 1/2), Does not work vs. Holy magicks (-1/4).

12 0 END on STR, running, swimming.

10 Damage Resistance: full [177 points]

-SKILLS-

3 PS: Teacher 12-

2 KS: Art 12-

3 Oratory 12-

1 KS: Music 11-

4 Speed Reading

3 Scholar

2 KS: History 12-

3 Bureaucratics 12-

1 KS: Theology 11-

3 Lightning Calculator

2 KS: Business 12-

1 KS: Computers 11-

1 Perk: Tenure

3 PS: Artist 11-

1 KS: Museums 11-

2 Trading 8-

3 Computer Programming 11-

2 AK: Internet 11- [40 points]

-DISADVANTAGES-

15 Distinctive Features: Bloodless skin (usually bruised), cold skin, doesn't blink, no noticiable 'body language'; Concealable, Always noticed.

10 Distinctive Features: Aura of the walking dead; Not concealable, always, unusual senses only.

05 Watched: By Tackofanes; More powerful, 8-

15 Hunted by DEMON; More Powerful, Capture, 8-

10 Physical Limitation: A host of maladies associated with being the walking dead; Occassional bouts of Rigor Mortis, Infrequently, Greatly

15 Physical Limitation: Occassional swelling of the tongue to cause muteness, Infrequently, fully.

10 Physical Limitation: bad smell for a week after consuming food; Frequently, slight.

10 Suceptability: 3d Instant STN damage an hour after food is consumed, common.

20 Suceptability: 2d BOD/STN damage per minute in a sanctified area.

10 Vulnerability: 2x's stun from holy attacks; Uncommon.

10 Wealth: Destitute

10 Psychological Limitation: Death Wish; Common, Moderate.

10 Psychological Limitation: Grim and Humorless; Common, Strong.

Attributes: 133

Powers: 177

Skills: 40

Disavantages: 150

Total: 350

Any comments are greatly appreciated. [smiles]

Ragdoll.

Thanks for the responses, all. [smiles]

re: Life Support and Damage Reduction in an EC. I'll look that back up and try to adjust it accordingly. Originally, they were both out of the EC, as stand alones. The damage reduction was 15 points and 25% physical resistant and the Life Support was 25 points, as she was missing a few things. The rational I had for that was, she was just sort of 'born' as it were, so she's really confused. Most of her bodies lingering 'reactions' are all in her head. So, if she gets hit with a gas grenade, she'll try and hold her breath, and she'll find she can do so for a long time (20 minute increments), which will further confuse her, but since she 'thinks' she has to breath eventually, she may and will take damage from that NND gas grenade who's only defense is not needing to breath.

The same thing goes along with sleep, she no longer needs to, but still thinks she does, but she can stay up for a long time when she tries to not go to sleep (she was originally supposed to have nightmares when she slept, but I ran out of points. I may add them in as a 0 point limitation as they make sense, maybe?).

Eating follows the same pattern. She still gets hungry though technically she doesn't 'need' to eat. And when she does she pays for it, with stomach cramping, (stun damage) and a bad smell for a week afterward as the food basically sits in her stomach and 'rots'.

The idea is as she 'develops' she will slowly loose the need to do this, as she realizes she doesn't have to. But for now, most of her needs are all in her mind. [smiles]

I am curious why she would not be considered a viable PC, though? [wonders] Is it from a roleplaying perspective (many teams may not want a walking corpse around them that englobes people with an entangle that slowly bleeds them into unconciouness or death, or someone that can cause the dead to rise up and attack others), or is it mechanics wise (are her defenses or speed to low? Is her dexterity an issue? IS her NND blast that does body a point of contention? Or perhaps the Entangle is too damaging a power to allow into a standard 350 point supers campaign?) [asks] Just curious. [smiles]

Any comments are appreciated. [smiles]

Ragdoll.

Hi, again. [smiles] I made the changes, removing the EC all together, since the only power that would have been left in it was the healing, and that didn't seem right to me. So, all the former powers in that EC are now stand alones. I found after recomputing the costs, I had lost the save in high/low pressure and radiation enviornments and reduced the damage reduction to 25% physical resistant. The healing only went up 4 points, and by the time I was done, I had a 348 point character. But, then I noticed I'd previously upped her STR to 15, and since I had 0 END on STR this was a problem.

Originally, she was a 10 STR character, so it cost me 5 points for that advantage. But, with 15 STR, I think the points work out to 22.5..which is 23, because aren't you supposed to round up with .5 or better? On is it .6 or better? [wonders] I can never remember. [sheepish smile]

Oh, anyway, I realized it would cost me '3' points to make her STR fully 0 END. So, as a compromise I bought her 0 END on 14 STR. So, if she does use full STR she'll have to use 1 end per use, but I figured with a SPD 5 and a Recovery of 8, that's negligable, and I can precieve it as 0 END for full STR until she earns the extra xp point to make it fully 0, then I can stop counting the 1 end per use with her full STR use.

Does that sound okay? [asks] Here's the revised version. [smiles]

Name: Carol Althea Davens

Alias: Undecided

15 STR (05)

18 DEX (24)

20 CON (20)

20 BOD (20)

10 INT (00)

15 EGO (10)

16 PRE (06)

12 COM (01)

15 PD (12)

10 ED (09)

5 SPD (22)

8 REC (02)

40 END (00)

40 STN (02) [133]

-POWERS-

30 EC: Death Powers

a-12 Entangle: 5d, def 6, stops sight group; Does not Restrict Foci (-1), Ends if user is rendered unconcious or loses line of sight (-1/2), No effect vs. non-living things (-1/2).

b-18 Drain: 2d; Continuous (+1), Usable at Range (+1/2), Can drain either END or BOD one at a time (+1/4), 0 END (+1/2), No effect on Living things (-1/2), Linked to above power, cannot use greater power unless this power is also used, greater power often in use (-1/2).

c-15 Summon: Up to eight 110 point zombie; Slavishly loyal (+1), Must inhabit location (-1/2), Arrives under own power (-1/2).

d-24 Energy Blast 4d; NND (+1; Defense is being dead or having Power Defense of 12 or greater), Does Body (+1), No Knockback (-1/4).

25 Undead Form: Life Support Expanded breathing (4 points, 1 END/20 minutes), Diminished eating (1 point, eat once a week), Safe in extreme heat/cold (4 points), Longevity (5 points), Diminished sleep (1 point. 8 hours/week), Immunity: All terrestrial diseases/biowarfare agents (10 points).

15 Undead Form: Damage Reduction Physical 25%.

14 Undead Form: Healing 1D; 0 END (+1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Resurrection (not if killed by holy means), Self only (-1/2), Extra Time: 1 body/day (-2 1/2), Does not work vs. Holy magicks (-1/4).

14 Undead Form: 0 END on 14 STR, running, swimming.

10 Undead Form: Damage Resistance: 10/10 [177 points]

-SKILLS-

3 PS: Teacher 12-

2 KS: Art 12-

3 Oratory 12-

1 KS: Music 11-

4 Speed Reading

3 Scholar

2 KS: History 12-

3 Bureaucratics 12-

1 KS: Theology 11-

3 Lightning Calculator

2 KS: Business 12-

1 KS: Computers 11-

1 Perk: Tenure

3 PS: Artist 11-

1 KS: Museums 11-

2 Trading 8-

3 Computer Programming 11-

2 AK: Internet 11- [40 points]

-DISADVANTAGES-

15 Distinctive Features: Bloodless skin (usually bruised), cold skin, doesn't blink, no noticiable 'body language'; Concealable, Always noticed.

10 Distinctive Features: Aura of the walking dead; Not concealable, always, unusual senses only.

05 Watched: By Tackofanes; More powerful, 8-

15 Hunted by DEMON; More Powerful, Capture, 8-

10 Physical Limitation: A host of maladies associated with being the walking dead; Occassional bouts of Rigor Mortis, Infrequently, Greatly

15 Physical Limitation: Occassional swelling of the tongue to cause muteness, Infrequently, fully.

10 Physical Limitation: bad smell for a week after consuming food; Frequently, slight.

10 Suceptability: 3d Instant STN damage an hour after food is consumed, common.

20 Suceptability: 2d BOD/STN damage per minute in a sanctified area.

10 Vulnerability: 2x's stun from holy attacks; Uncommon.

10 Wealth: Destitute

10 Psychological Limitation: Death Wish; Common, Moderate.

10 Psychological Limitation: Grim and Humorless; Common, Strong.

Attributes: 133

Powers: 177

Skills: 40

Disavantages: 150

Total: 350

Guest zarglif69

a super-necromancer, huh? never really liked mixing the superheroic with the mystical, bad flavor to it.... but she seems like a pretty good character design.