Evil Counterparts

Grimble

Re: Evil Counterparts

I launched my PC's into the Antimatter Universe, which is highly similar to the DC Comics concept in which morals and ethics are inverted and the universal counterparts are adjusted to fit them.

My twist to this is a link to The Mystic World, which mentions the Sephirothic Tree of Life and briefly mentions the Qliphothic Tree of Death.

I decided the the Qliphothic Tree of Death is the exact opposite of the Sephirothic Tree of Life, in that there is the Material Plane (SToL) vs. the Antimaterial Plane, which, just like the Material Plane, is primarily governed by scientific laws, not magic.

From there, it becomes the Anti-Astral Plane, which I like to think of as the visions of Lovecraftian madness.

Next is the Anti-(Briah?) Planes, where beings like the Kings of Edom dwell, staving off their very own destruction at the hands of the Solipsist by bribing him. Notably an exact opposite because I would think that the Sephirothic Tree of Life hints that even the gods attempt to become one with the creator.

Then it's the Anti-Creative Plane, where universal concepts break down and head to the Solipsist for decreation.

• 2 weeks later...

While none of my players have met their evil duplicates yet(Was setting it up just before game went on hiatus), several of the groups I've played in have done such.

For New Sentinels, it was just a mental exercise "Mirror Sentinels", which was actually closest to a Justice Lords idea. Less evil then facing a twisted versions of each of our ideals.

For Aegis(From which I'm playing a more mature version of Nox later this week), we ran into a more experienced evil Nox, which got trashed by our team, but was a valid threat. More then that, it let us know there was a problem with Nox, which would have been a fun storyline if the game hadn't gotten canceled.

Ancient Aberrant: We haven't run into such, even though we've certainly ran into characters that have "evil" aspects of ourselves.

I don't know, Quetzlcoatl might have. ;)

I'm actually planning on having one of my PCs encounter his dimensional analogue. He's a supersoldier from another reality where WWII ended alot worse and a U.N.-like organisation became the world government, but not the universe of Lance (Memebr of PSI, from CCK). His analogue has come hunting Lancer.