hitting that moving hex.

Oneway

this must have been covered somewhere, but...

are there any "official" rules for hitting a moving hex?

i.e. "wow! you say Super Fast Flying Dude is doing over 30"/seg in combat and has a DCV so large it wont fit on his sheet? guess i'll just hit the DCV 3 hex he is standing in right now as thanks to Hero movement rules he comes to a dead stop after every pha"

There must be some penalty somewhere about how your hero guesses/knows where your target will end up.

Re: hitting that moving hex.

this must have been covered somewhere, but...

are there any "official" rules for hitting a moving hex?

i.e. "wow! you say Super Fast Flying Dude is doing over 30"/seg in combat and has a DCV so large it wont fit on his sheet? guess i'll just hit the DCV 3 hex he is standing in right now as thanks to Hero movement rules he comes to a dead stop after every pha"

There must be some penalty somewhere about how your hero guesses/knows where your target will end up.

No, because the hex doesn't move ... characters move through hexes.

not to mention that they also know precisely, or within 2m anyway, how far away any target is?

Not necessarily. Absolute Range sense exists for a reason. Most GM's will let players count hexes though, so it doesn't really matter in close combat. That's just a side effect of playing on a battlemat.

I don't know what the official rules are (if any), but if I was going to worry about it (and I agree that it's kinda lame if left unaddressed) I'd probably use a PER roll in there somewhere, at approriate minuses for Velocity (ignored if the attacker has Rapid on a targeting sense). If the PER roll is successful, let him target the hex as normal, if not then give the hex the Velocity based DCV, which makes for a harder shot and thus more chance of deviation.

If the velocity is high enough, and the optional velocity based DCV rules are in play, then I'd allow it:

Grenadier targets a hex while Supersonic comes flying in for his pass. Since the optional velocity based DCV rules are in effect Grenadier has to time his attack to hit the hex while Supersonic is in it (effectively he's covering the hex). The GM rules that the DCV mods for Supersonics crazy-insane velocity apply to the hex.

Otherwise its one of those mechanical abstractions you have to live with - though maybe the defender can "velocity [dive] for cover" (abort to be freaking fast).

Also some Combat Luck defined as "Mobility", possibly dependent upon speed, to represent just getting caught on the edge of the explosion (or 2m wide fist, or fire pillar, or hail of bullets or however you're explaining away your ability to never miss) helps the speedy guy feel less persecuted.