Teleport Object

lensman

I need opinions on the correctness of my solution to an aspect of a power construct for Teleport Object.

The SFX is a Gamma World Mutation, the mechanics are:

Teleportation 15"

Ranged (+1/2), UAA (+1)

Limited Power mass limited to 25 kgs. (-1)

Gestures (-1/4)

I have ruled that any object Teleported only has one destination, that of the user's primary hand. The rationale behind this as a non limitation is that it mirrors use of Teleport as a movement power.

Characters can Teleport from any one position to any other postion, so I reversed that and said Teleport object can Move an object from any other position to only one other position at time of use.

My question, now the player wants the ability to Teleport an object from any position to any other position (within the range of the power.)

How do I do that?

Re: Teleport Object

Look up the Teleport Power, the Ranged Advantage and the Usuable As Attack (UAA) Advantage in 5er.

1. When Ranged and UAA are combined with a movement Power like Teleportation the Range Advantage determines how far away the target object/character can be from the character before being moved. You can think of this as the range of the "transporter lock" in Star Trek.
  2. The actual inches in Teleport determines how far the target can then be moved (note, this CAN be beyond the initial Range the character could have initially targeted with the ability).

The actual range of the two parts of the ability can be quite different.

Something you should also consider is that ANY movement Power combined with the UAA Advantage should have a defense just like an attack with the NND Advantage. Otherwise the combination can become extremely unbalancing.

I'm not sure where it's spelled out exactly and IDHMBIFOM, but a UAA Movement power lets you force a target to move in a manner that you get to control.

If UAA TP was limited the way you suggest, what exactly, would that power do if it lacked the Ranged advantage?

You would be able to touch something in hand to hand combat.... and teleport to your current position :think: (a potent Disarm technique that some consider a bit on the munchkin side...).

Hyper-man:

Right, good points and clearly I mixed up my definitions and now must change things and apply the limits so the power works the way I wanted to work.

I have to limit the Range adv. to no greater than inches of Teleport and must Limit the Teleport to 'Only destination is Users dominant hand.'

It does have such a 'defense' but I dare not post it here as the player is unaware.

Bloodstone:

After your post I went to the book and read up.

And the power is just a fulfillment of the intent of the Gamma World mutation

Thanks