Lifeform 13013 (Bob)

Grimble

I'm writing up an energy being. "He" will usually have a body made of pure energy. He can fly up to, or slower than light speed. Shoots various types of energies in beam form. "Bob" can take a human form for up to an hour, but then "he" needs to stay in energy form for at least an hour before going back into human form...

Anyway. HELP! Show me how you would write this up. My brain hurts. This is my 14th character write-up today. I've got 5 or 6 different builds in my head and I'm trying to min/max all of them.

I don't need a write up. Just let me know how you think it would be best to write up Bob. Thanks in advance.

Grimble

Re: Lifeform 13013 (Bob)

A little more on Lifeform 13013. He comes from another set of multiverses. He was defeated by an adversary there and banished to our lowly physical universe. He is much lower powered in our space.

Grimble

I'm writing up an energy being. "He" will usually have a body made of pure energy.

Damage Reduction, DCV Levels and Armor. Maybe a Damage Shield. In the long run it's easier than farting around with Desolid Always On and having to pay triple for your attack powers. An interesting option is to make your Damage Reduction and Armor not versus ADSO attacks; maintains the SFX that he is desolid, even if the mechanics are different. Just keep Desolid itself in his MP for those rare cases you'll need it.

He can fly up to, or slower than light speed.

MP with three flight slots, one for combat, one up to 1KM per phase out of combat, one with megascale. Alternatively, +1/2 Variable Advantage (+1 total) on his flight.

Shoots various types of energies in beam form.

Attack multipower.

"Bob" can take a human form for up to an hour, but then "he" needs to stay in energy form for at least an hour before going back into human form...

Couple of ways. Multiform with the Energy form as the base form and a Human form with Accidental Change or a Phys Limit is easiest. Making all his powers OIHID and giving his human form a phys limit requiring him to change works mechanically, but it's kind of abusive unless there's a way to stop him from changing to his energy form or to force him to become Human.

14 in one day! :eek:

I've been running Champions since 1992, but yes. 14 character write-ups was a bit much for one day. I was fried when I went to bed. My dreams were full of weird power building. In the dream, I didn't have powers, but I would describe how my powers were built to people. Strange...

I think, in the future I'll write up just 3-5 characters per day.

Grimble

I've been running Champions since 1992, but yes. 14 character write-ups was a bit much for one day. I was fried when I went to bed. My dreams were full of weird power building. In the dream, I didn't have powers, but I would describe how my powers were built to people. Strange...

I think, in the future I'll write up just 3-5 characters per day.

Grimble

That dream sounds like a "You Know you play to much Champions when......." ;)

Note: Though I dont build characters in my dreams, I have plenty of dreams that when I woke up I thought "Man, that would make a cool champions character" LOL.

I know. It takes me about two or three days to do one write-up' date=' and then when I think I'm done I find I've messed something up and have to start over.[/quote']

Well I can work on 4 or 5 characters in a day. But, my habits would be to build one character a little, go to another, work on a little, etc. Course, as a result I forget about a lot of character ideas. :o