New character post for review

Rynak Whitestar

Here is a new character built on 250 character points and 150 disad points. I won't post the costs of some of the abilities as I didn't use a computer program to set up the character.

She have a mixture of various animal parts, while being humonoid overall. Her features contain: a wolf's head, a cats tail and paws/hands, grey tiger stripped fur, bird wings and a forked tongue.

Str 20, dex 30, con 20, body 20, int 10, ego 10, pre 15, com 0, pd total 36, rpd 16, ed total 26, red 10, spd 5, rec 8, end 40, stun 40. run 14", swim 6", H. leap 8".

climbing 15- 3, shadowing 13- 7, stealth 15- 3, acrobatics 15- 3, breakfall 15- 3, tracking 15- 11, bump of direction 3.

danger sense , sense(+2), out of combat, regaurdless if could percieve (+10) 27

enhanced perception +6 for all senses 18

nightvision 5

ultrasonic perception: hearing, 360 degrees 8

telesponic sight (+10 perception to offset range) 5

track by smell 5

wolf's nose (discriminatory smell) 5

cat's claws (HKA 4d6+1, (65) active points, reduced penetration (-1/4), no knockback (-1/4)) 4..

bird wings (flight 20", useable as gliding (+1/4), (50) active points, restrainable (-1/2)) 33

acute hearing (telescopic hearing +4 only to offset range modifier) 6

damage resistance (16 rpd, 10red) 13

speak with animals (detect animal communication (5), descriminatitory (5), analyze (5), 360 degree (5) ranged (5), sense (2), transmit (2)) 29 (I got this from the boards, thanks for the input)

disads:

3d6 unluck (15)

hatred of () uncommon/strong (10)

hunted by (same as above unlisted group) MoPow, NCI, imprision/inslave/kill, 8- (20)

enraged whenever takes body damage on a 14-, recovers on an 8-, common. (20)

reputation - enraged, 11- (15)

distinctive features, not concealable, major reaction or prejudice (20) (I know this one will get some comments. I figure a cloak may help conceal the character if the wings and tail are tied up, but the hood would have to be huge to fit over the snout that would stick out. Then their are the feet and hands which are paws that would need to be somehow covered. Shoes wouldn't work, and gloves wouldn't fit unless custom made and way oversized. At some point the disguise draws almost as much attention as being out in the open).

Physical limitation: requires medical attention. Medicine skill penalty of -4 for minor, -8 for crisis unless the user has a skill that is specific for the character. (10)

vulnerability flash attacks (all types) x1 1/2 (15)

Vengeful (10)

Vulnerability to biological attacks x1 1/2 stun and body (10)

physical limitation: character acts as two classes of minds for being affected by mental powers: human and animal (5)

Feedback welcome as long as it is not offensive :)

I won't post the background so the other players won't get too much of a head's up and will have something to discuss during/after the first adventure.

Re: New character post for review

A couple of short comments:

I'd buy the wings as a multipower, with flight as one slot and gliding as another. It'll cost around the same amount of points, and the gliding could be as much as twice as fast (since it only costs half as much), or have 0 end or something else - representing a strong affinity for power dives like a peregrine falcon.

for example:

Big ol' wings fer flyin' MP: 40 point base, restrainable (-1/2) (27 real points)

(3u) Flight 20"

(3u) Gliding 40"

(You could easily muck around with the slots for different effects, too. I'd go for a low end-use glide or flight and a flight slot with no turn mode meself.)

The distinctive features disad is totally justified.

Be careful with all that unluck - it's more a question of personal taste on my part, but be sure you want to give the GM a license to screw you over!

Oh, wait - you are the GM in your game, aren't you Rynak? Never mind then! Always give the PC's a back door if they pull a bonehead maneuver and you need them to survive! Unluck's good for that. Hybrid-girl moving in for the kill? Adamantium flowerpot falls on her head from above, and stuns her for a moment!

Hope all is going well!

A couple of short comments:

I'd buy the wings as a multipower, with flight as one slot and gliding as another. It'll cost around the same amount of points, and the gliding could be as much as twice as fast (since it only costs half as much), or have 0 end or something else - representing a strong affinity for power dives like a peregrine falcon.

for example:

Big ol' wings fer flyin' MP: 40 point base, restrainable (-1/2) (27 real points)

(3u) Flight 20"

(3u) Gliding 40"

(You could easily muck around with the slots for different effects, too. I'd go for a low end-use glide or flight and a flight slot with no turn mode meself.)

The distinctive features disad is totally justified.

Be careful with all that unluck - it's more a question of personal taste on my part, but be sure you want to give the GM a license to screw you over!

Oh, wait - you are the GM in your game, aren't you Rynak? Never mind then! Always give the PC's a back door if they pull a bonehead maneuver and you need them to survive! Unluck's good for that. Hybrid-girl moving in for the kill? Adamantium flowerpot falls on her head from above, and stuns her for a moment!

Hope all is going well!

You can use the 0 or low END on the flight, since Gliding doesn't cost END. (Just helpin').

Actually this is my wife's character. I just posted it since she was busy. A few of the players had already posted and wanted feedback on the other characters and a chance to see who was playing what.

Good memory Spidey, I'm impressed that you remembered my handle since you seem to be so active on the forums.

Actually, the unluck was 4d6 and had been dropped down to 3d6 in order to spare the party members the ill effects.

A couple other things:

You might want to look into the costs of buying telescopic for all sense groups instead of buying two separately. I don't know offhand what the difference in cost would be (whether cheaper or more expensive) - but having telescopic scent , coupled with the discriminatory and tracking, could be interesting!

Having bonus PRE (offensive purposes only) would be pretty appropriate if you found some extra points, considering the distinctive features disad...

Would ultrasonic perception not be part of the hearing group, and 360 degree by default? I'm not sure, but the thought crossed my mind.

By the way - if there's any other animals involved in the character's construction that you'd like input on in terms of ideas for powers, senses, etc. let me know. I've got a zoology skill of at least 12-, entomology of at least 13-, arachnology of at least 14-, herpetology of at least 14-, and teuthology of at least 14-...;)

Glad to hear your wife is in on the game! Less arguments over how your free time is spent, I imagine! (Just kidding)

Telescopic has to be purchased per sense or sense group, but cannot be purchased for all senses (I looked into that in order to save some points). Adding a sense to hearing doesn't make it 360, unfortuneately.

She did want some other features, such as gills to breath underwater, but ran out of points. The PRE was another one that will probably be purchased in the future after some exp is gained.

Actually, gaming is something we have in common. We also play WoW together.

Telescopic has to be purchased per sense or sense group, but cannot be purchased for all senses (I looked into that in order to save some points). Adding a sense to hearing doesn't make it 360, unfortunately.

Oh well. Seems we're on the same page, at least!

If you upped her INT to 23 (13pts) and dropped points from buying up Shadowing (4pts), Tracking (8pts), and 3 Perception Levels (9pts) (offset by buying up the INT) you could have

Shadowing 14- (up by one)

Tracking 14- (down by one)

Same PER roll

and have 8pts spare.

With those you could buy those Gills you mentioned (LS: Breathe Underwater, 5pts) and the Tracking back up to 15- (2pts) and have 1pt spare.

INT represents Wit and Cunning too :)

And I suppose you realise that she does 5 1/2 D6 HKA (reduced pen) with her claws with her Strength added, right? That there is some pretty hefty claws... if you needed some more points you could drop that down a touch.