Morphic Man

Grimble

I have Ultimate Skills,Ultimate Mentalist, Ultimate Brick, Ultimate Speedster and the Hero System Equipment guide...unfortunately, I need to build a Stretchy guy. I don't have Ultimate Metamorph. I'm sure I can build a straight forward Stretchy Guy character without it. The books do have some really cool tricks, though. Can people with the book toss me a few moves and tricks?

I will be buying the book down the road. I just want to see if I can get a few cool stretching tricks for a chacter I'm building now.

Grimble

PS I'm also thinking of giving Morphic Man some limited shapeshifting abilities.

Re: Morphic Man

I don't have the book in front of me right now but I seem to remember it dealing more with the overall construction methods as opposed to specific 'tricks' like those found in TUB or USPD. You might want to take a look at the multiple stretching based characters in the Vault for ideas. They do require Hero Designer to view though.

The 2nd link in my sig has a link to a viewable version of my take on the "stretchy" concept: Stretch Armstrong

I have Ultimate Skills,Ultimate Mentalist, Ultimate Brick, Ultimate Speedster and the Hero System Equipment guide...unfortunately, I need to build a Stretchy guy. I don't have Ultimate Metamorph. I'm sure I can build a straight forward Stretchy Guy character without it. The books do have some really cool tricks, though. Can people with the book toss me a few moves and tricks?

I will be buying the book down the road. I just want to see if I can get a few cool stretching tricks for a chacter I'm building now.

Grimble

PS I'm also thinking of giving Morphic Man some limited shapeshifting abilities.

Well, the section of the Ulitmate Metamorph devoted to Stretching powers is a bit repetitive with multiple Energy Blast builds based on "Bouncing", a few Entangles based on "Malleability", and a couple of Missile Deflection powers based on "Flexibility". To be honest, though I place the book as possibly my favorite, the Stretching section wasn't overly inspiring. I have played a few Stretchers, however, so here are some suggestions.

Most of the Body Control powers fit well, and conveniently many add damage to your attacks. I would put several of them in a Power Framework. Here is an example. Assuming a 12d6 (60 AP) campaign, your character could have a 20 STR and put these powers in a (non-ultra) Multipower. Notice how even if you divide points between slots, you stay at 12d6 damage.

Stretching Powers Multipower (60 pts.)

"Stretching" 12m 12" Stretching (+4d6 velocity damage with all points in slot*)

"Expansion" 12m 8 levels Growth, 0 END (+8d6 STR damage)

"Hardening" 12m 8 levels Density Increase, 0 END (+8d6 STR damage)

"Compression" 12m 4 levels Shrinking, 0 END (+8d6 Growth Momentum damage)

"Elasitcity" 6u Desolification, 0 END

Powers that modify STR also fit Stretching characters well.

"Fists into Weapons" +4d6 HA, 0 END, Linked to Stretching (brings your Stretching damage up to 12d6*)

"The Wrap Up" Extra Limbs (can be used to Grab and still have your hands free)

"The Wrap Around" Clinging with extra STR (use with Stretching for vertical movement or for Grabs)

For Defenses, a combination of Resistant PD and ED and Damage Reduction will give you the ability to "Bounce Back" from lots of damage without stepping on the Brick's toes. For Movement, Leaping, Useable as Swinging should give you all the Stretching based mobility you need. To broaden his Shapeshifting, I suggest Shape Shift vs. Sight and Touch Groups with Adders based on his level of skill (Cellular, Imitation, Instant, Makeover, ect.). I hope these suggestions help a bit, or at least give you some ideas.

Hero Designer Posted Character.

Doctor Elastic - Dr. Alex Mariner

VAL...CHA...Cost...Total...Roll......Notes

25....STR.....15...25......14-.......HTH Damage 5d6 END [5]

21....DEX.....33...21......13-.......OCV 7 DCV 7

25....CON.....30...25......14-

12....BODY....4...12......11-

18....INT.....8...18......13-.......PER Roll 13-

11....EGO.....2...11......11-.......ECV: 4

15....PRE.....5...15......12-.......PRE Attack: 3d6

16....COM.....3...16......12-

17....PD......12...17.............17 PD (17 rPD)

17....ED......12...17.............17 ED (17 rED)

5....SPD.....19...5.................Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

10....REC.....0...10

50....END.....0...50

40....STUN....2...40

11....RUN......0...11"................END [2]

7....SWIM.....0...7"................END [2]

10....LEAP.....0...10"................10" forward, 5" upward

CHA Cost: 145

Cost...POWERS

5.....Elastic Body Powers: Elemental Control, 10-point powers - END=

7.....1) Big Fist: HTH +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) - END=4

20.....2) Elastic Body: Shape Shift (Touch Group, any shape) (25 Active Points) - END=2

20.....3) Elastic Body: Stretching 5" (25 Active Points) - END=2

4.....4) Wrap-Around Grab: +15 STR (15 Active Points); Only For Grab (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) - END=3

5.....5) Bouncy Ball: Leaping +5" (10" forward, 5" upward) (Accurate) (10 Active Points) - END=1

5.....6) Flippers: Swimming +5" (7" total) (x4 Noncombat) (10 Active Points) - END=1

3.....7) Parachute: Gliding 5", Position Shift (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) - END=1

5.....8) Super-stretch Legs: Running +5" (11" total) (10 Active Points) - END=1

2.....9) Hey, I Can Be Flexible: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) - END=2

15.....Elastic Body: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0

15.....Elastic Body: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% - END=0

17.....Elastic Body: Damage Resistance (17 PD/17 ED) - END=0

POWERS Cost: 123

Cost...SKILLS

3......Acrobatics 13-

3......Breakfall 13-

3......Climbing 13-

0......Concealment 8-

3......Contortionist 13-

3......Conversation 12-

3......Deduction 13-

3......Forensic Medicine 13-

3......High Society 12-

2......CK: Millenium City 11-

4......KS: Medical Disorders 14-

3......KS: The Medical Community 13-

2......KS: The Superhuman World 11-

2......KS: Chess 11-

0......Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

2......Language: German (fluent conversation)

2......Language: French (fluent conversation)

2......Language: Latin (fluent conversation)

2......Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)

3......Oratory 12-

3......Paramedics 13-

3......Power: Metamorphing 14-

4......PS: Medical Doctor 14-

0......Shadowing 8-

0......Stealth 8-

0......Teamwork 8-

2......TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

3......Scientist

3......1) SS: Biology 14- (4 Active Points)

2......2) SS: Chemistry 13- (3 Active Points)

2......3) SS: Genetics 13- (3 Active Points)

3......4) SS: Medicine 14- (4 Active Points)

3......5) SS: Neurology 14- (4 Active Points)

2......6) SS: Physics 13- (3 Active Points)

SKILLS Cost: 78

Cost...PERKS

8......Money: Wealthy

PERKS Cost: 8

Value..DISADVANTAGES

10.....Dependent NPC: Rachel Reed [Fiancee] 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

10.....Distinctive Features: Abnormal Bone/ Cellular Structure (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

10.....Hunted: Tachyon (Steve Maxwell) 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10.....Hunted: Thunderbolt (II - Rob Bleskind) 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

20.....Psychological Limitation: Code Vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15.....Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hero (Common, Strong)

15.....Psychological Limitation: Hipocratic Oath (Common, Strong)

10.....Rivalry: Professional (chairman of the board of directors of Millenium City Hospital), Rival is More Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

15.....Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Dr. Alex Mariner) (Frequently, Major)

15.....Susceptibility: if within 1 hex of Kelvarite 1d6 damage per Phase (Uncommon)

20.....Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Drains (Common)

DISADVANTAGES Points: 150

Base Pts: 200

Exp Required: 4

Total Exp Available: 5

Exp Unspent: 1

Total Character Cost: 354