Any tips/resources for Turakian Age?

Nolgroth

Hi all. I'm about to embark upon a short fantasy campaign to feed my creative need for spells and goblins and such and I've decided to use the Turakian Age. Now I know there are some TA GM's out there. Have you created any TA-related web sites or other resources for future generations of Ambrethelian explorers?

So far, the online resources I know of are the maps generously provided by DoJ and the Encyclopedia Turakania. I also have downloaded a calendar program. I'm going to hop over to the Hero Designer site to see what they have there and maybe pick up the official TA character pack. Anything other pointers or suggestions?

Re: Any tips/resources for Turakian Age?

Hi all. I'm about to embark upon a short fantasy campaign to feed my creative need for spells and goblins and such and I've decided to use the Turakian Age. Now I know there are some TA GM's out there. Have you created any TA-related web sites or other resources for future generations of Ambrethelian explorers?

So far, the online resources I know of are the maps generously provided by DoJ and the Encyclopedia Turakania. I also have downloaded a calendar program. I'm going to hop over to the Hero Designer site to see what they have there and maybe pick up the official TA character pack. Anything other pointers or suggestions?

Get Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds immediately. Well worth the cost and plot seeds aplenty custom made for the TA setting. I can't recommend it highly enough. It really is everything that you are asking for. If you have the means, I also recommend buying Monsters, Minions and Marauders as well. It's a bestiary geared just for TA, but you will need the Hero System Bestiary as well or else you'll miss out on all of the 'standard' fantasy creatures.

We've had several people post their Turakian Age campaign logs and characters. Some are quite detailed and might provide inspiration. Here's a sampling of what looks the most interesting and useful:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17642

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32864

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35591

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51808

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52472

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46735

Get Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds immediately. Well worth the cost and plot seeds aplenty custom made for the TA setting. I can't recommend it highly enough. It really is everything that you are asking for. If you have the means' date=' I also recommend buying Monsters, Minions and Marauders as well. It's a bestiary geared just for TA, but you will need the Hero System Bestiary as well or else you'll miss out on all of the 'standard' fantasy creatures.[/quote']Good points. Already have both MM&M and Bestiary, but thanks for the suggestions. I'll need to take a serious look at Fantasy Battlegrounds. I wonder how conducive it is to an online chat (OpenRPG) game.

Good points. Already have both MM&M and Bestiary' date=' but thanks for the suggestions. I'll need to take a serious look at Fantasy Battlegrounds. I wonder how conducive it is to an online chat (OpenRPG) game.[/quote']

Fully condusive. If you go to Herocentral, look up 5000 SE. That was the one that I started. It ended badly, but was still almost a good year's worth of adventure. I started 5000 SE and Hellreavers too. I'm considering picking 5000 SE and/or Hellreavers back up now that I'm done with other things that were hogging my RL.

Please Start up 5000 SE again (or any other TA game)!

Tim

Ah the Earthmage returneth! At this point it's more of a probablility than a possibility so stay tuned. I'll IM you when I'm 100% ready to go, Tim.

nolgroth: do you have the Fantasy Hero Grimoires?
I have the first. Need the second, though I think I am going to (eventually) just buy the Hero Designer "character" packs, since that's what I probably would need most.

Good suggestion.

I have the first. Need the second, though I think I am going to (eventually) just buy the Hero Designer "character" packs, since that's what I probably would need most.

Good suggestion.

Get both. The "character" packs will help you make the spells for your characters, while the books will help you decide which ones to get and give other background information.

(And maybe Ben or Darren or somebody will decide soon to make book/character pack packages for them....)

Good points. Already have both MM&M and Bestiary' date=' but thanks for the suggestions. I'll need to take a serious look at Fantasy Battlegrounds. I wonder how conducive it is to an online chat (OpenRPG) game.[/quote']

Very - here's A Review of it :D

Also, I recommend Nobles, Knights, And Necromancers (Review), which is a big buncha villains for a TA game.

(and while I'm plugging my own reviews, here's one for Monsters, Minions, And Marauders)

Grimoire II isn't as big as FHG1, but it's got different kinds of magic spell categories (like Monster Magic).

Very - here's A Review of it :D

Also, I recommend Nobles, Knights, And Necromancers (Review), which is a big buncha villains for a TA game.

(and while I'm plugging my own reviews, here's one for Monsters, Minions, And Marauders)

Grimoire II isn't as big as FHG1, but it's got different kinds of magic spell categories (like Monster Magic).

As always, good info. So my basic plan is to get FHG II and NKN in the somewhat near future. Thanks for the input.

Well Nol, got down to some nitty-gritty parts.

I believe Literacy is not the default, meaning we have to spend a point for it...? But I couldn't find much in reference to it.

Are you using the language tree? Should we all have a language in common or is there a "Common" that most people speak that's a standard trope.

in short - what's the set up?

Well Nol, got down to some nitty-gritty parts.

I believe Literacy is not the default, meaning we have to spend a point for it...? But I couldn't find much in reference to it.

Are you using the language tree? Should we all have a language in common or is there a "Common" that most people speak that's a standard trope.

in short - what's the set up?

Literacy is NOT default. We are using the Language tree. There is a "Trade-Tongue" under the Iluro-Westron Family of languages. That serves as a "common tongue" as well as anything would.