Wild Force - HELP!

GoldenAge

In many of the Star Wars books there are complete stories of those who possess the ability to manipulate the Force despite formal Jedi training.

For example: In Shatterpoint, Mace Windu comes face to face with the native Kar Vastor whose attunement to the natural (or wild) Force equals or even exceeds Mace's own Force powers...

That said...

Please help me build some out-of-the-box wild or natural Force powers.

I'll be playing a special character in a new Star Wars game set 6500 years prior to the Battle of Yavin and about 2500 years before Knights of the Old republic.

In this time the Force is strong and both Jedi and Sith roam the galaxy.

My race is the Nelvaans (as seen in Volume 2 of Star Wars Clone Wars). My character will be a warrior who is in line to become a tribal shaman. He is young, but already he is strong with the natural Force. However, like all of the Force wielders of his tribe's past, he believes that the Force he utilizes is tribal magic.

I'm looking for unique Force powers with a magical lean. They can be pure or require the use of tribal fetishes, incantations, gestures or even prolonged dances. This character will be working in unison with other true Jedi and is meant to add spice and controversy to the mix (per the GM).

Please help me make some cool and unusual powers so that I can help the GM and increase the level of fun for everyone involved in this game. :)

Re: Wild Force - HELP!

I would say: Look at how the GM has built the standard force powers, and go from there.

Basically in all the different flavors of Star Wars the force is across the board, the same and who wields the force just has a different take on it. Add or Remove adders and lims to the way the force powers are done and go from there.

As a Warrior / Tribal Shaman you may go with Stat Enhancers (through Aid or just bought stats with Endurance Cost - OHID or whatever) You can go with the standard stuff of Telekinesis, Flight / Leaping, and Affect Mind. Not to mention throwing a lightning bolt here and there for good measure.

Re: Wild Force - HELP!

If you're going for a Shaman/warrior theme, then maybe more organic force based powers. I can't remember where, but in the Jedi D20 book it mentions powers based on plant growth, animal empathy, even weather control (that's more of a dark side power, I think it was called "Force Storm," but it could be adapted pretty darn easily). I don't know about the planet that your race comes from, but maybe the FX of a characteristic boosting power could be your character assuming the attributes of notable beasts on the planet...Hope this helps

Bill (a.k.a. Bill)