Designing a Harold-like superteam engineer

Mark Rand

Until his murder by Hush, Harold was Batman's engineer. Although unschooled, he was a savant.

Although our engineer could be either male or female, I'll use the male gender for expediency.

He was born to a low-income family. After his parents were killed by a hit and run driver when he was seven, he was put into the child welfare system. At age sixteen, he ran away and ecked out a living by repairing stuff for fellow homeless.

By luck, on his twenty second birthday, he was found by a hero and, since then, has been the engineer for either the hero or the team the hero is a member of.

Comments, ideas, questions?

Re: Designing a Harold-like superteam engineer

No real suggestions, but I will mention that I used Merry Andrews for this in one game. It was Merry Andrews's community service. Poor Ronin ( a honor bound martial artist, way to serious, and he was appointed the clown's guardian)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Designing a Harold-like superteam engineer

I'm giving him a girlfriend. She's either his employer's live-in executive secretary or the team's secretary/receptionist.

If the former, since she's a shadetree mechanic, she helps where she can and often watches the monitors.

The secretary also has a dog, a spayed cocker spaniel, named Lady, that she got from an animal shelter.