16 PD 6
16 ED 6
5 SPD 20
15 REC 14
50 END 5
50 STUN 10
8" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 191
Cost Power END
59 Just Like Us...: (Total: 190 Active Cost, 59 Real Cost) Unity of the Flesh: Transform 3d6: Other being into physical duplicate of self (Major), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), Limited Target Organic and Fairly Humanoid (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4), Concentration 1/2 DCV (-1/4) (Real Cost: 17) plus Unity of the Mind: Transform 3d6: Other being into mental duplicate of self (Major), Works vs EGO not BODY (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (67 Active Points); Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), Limited Target Organic and Fairly Humanoid (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4), Concentration 1/2 DCV (-1/4) (Real Cost: 21) plus Unity of the Soul: Transform 3d6: Other being into duplicate of self (Major), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Works vs EGO not BODY (+1/4) (67 Active Points); Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), Limited Target Organic and Fairly Humanoid (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4), Concentration 1/2 DCV (-1/4) (Real Cost: 21) 8
43 All Your Skill are Belong to Us: Telepathy 12d6, Rapid x 100, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (87 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Linked to Just Like Us... (-1/2) 3
15 All Your Skill are Belong to Us: Variable Power Pool, 10 base + 5 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1) (20 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers: Only Skills Absorbed via Telepathy (-1)
17 Of One Mind: Mind Link (Specific Group of Minds), Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x32) (50 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Limited Class Of Minds Only Unity (-1)
15 Ten Thousand Voices: Flash 2d6 (Mental Group), Damage Shield - Mental (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (15 Active Points) 1
5 Tough: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED)
30 Tougher Than They Look: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%
30 Tougher Than They Look: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%
12 Effortless: +2" Running (8" total), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (12 Active Points)
10 Effortless: for STR, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (10 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 236
Cost Skill
3 Acting 13-
3 Contortionist 13-
3 Conversation 13-
3 High Society 13-
3 Mimicry 13-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 Seduction 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Tracking 13-
Skills Cost: 30
Cost Talent
9 Ambidexterity (Eliminate Off Hand Penalty entirely)
12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)
4 Double Jointed
5 Eidetic Memory
3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions
Talents Cost: 33
Val Disadvantages
15 Psychological Limitation: Driven to Make Everyone "Perfect" (Just like us...) (Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Each Other (Common; Strong)
5 Distinctive Features: Mutant Aura (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
5 Distinctive Features: Increadibly Beautiful (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
Disadvantage Points: 40

Base Points: 300Experience Required: 150Total Experience Available: 150Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 490

Height: 5' 6" Hair: Blonde
Weight: 122 lbs Eyes: Blue
Appearance: One or more of the most beautiful woman possible. An identical horde of supernaturally stunning pop-culture icons.Personality: Unity is supremely confident and absolutely driven. She wants nothing more than to make everyone Perfect, just like her. She is utterly convinced in the rightness of all of her means and ends. Anyone who opposes, resists, or flees her is completely in the wrong, either misguided or evil. She cannot comprehend why anyone would be afraid or reluctant to join her, why anyone would refuse Perfection. Every Unity has this personallity. Quote:"What's wrong? Don't you want to be Perfect?"Background: Powers/Tactics: A single Unity will use guile. A group will attempt to overwhelm. Given the opportunity, one Unity can become scores in a matter of minutes. This exponential effect, their intelligence, and their implacable determination, make any number a serious threat to normals. While the typical superhuman can deal with one, or four, or even eight, few can deal with 32, or 128, or 512, or...

To make matters worse, Unity as a group will absorb the skills and memories of any being that falls victim to their power. Any plan against them will be revealed as soon as one member of an opposing force falls victim. The best security can be compromised once one individual with access is taken. What one knows, they all know.

Characters with unusual defenses will fare quite a bit better against Unity. Power Defense is very effective against Unity of the Flesh, while Mental Defense is very effective against Unity of the Mind and Unity of the Soul. Because of the time it takes, it is also possible to interupt the transformation before it is complete. (This can also lead to some interesting situations in which only one or two segments of the victim's being will be affected. A mentalist may only be transformed physically, for example. Or, a character might see a slight change in personality and intellect, or a change in eye and hair color.)

Campaign Use: Unity is a mastermind and a seductress and a zombie horde all in one. Her abilities are terrifying to most, and also have a certain dark appeal for many at the same time.

Interesting character concept. The only question I have is regarding the legality of representing duplication this way.

Perhaps buying duplication linked to the transform?

The reason why I ask this is that normally, according to FRED, you can't really use transform to give a target more points that they have to begin with, except perhaps for a limited period of time.

Originally posted by Kristopher

That wasn't the intent, but now that you mention it, you could use her mechanics as a starting point to build the Smith type of character.

Yeah, basically because you're using Transform as the mechanism for what would otherwise be Duplication, except that the power has potentially infinite use (duplicates) and requires "overriding" the original target. That's why Smith seemed to apply.

JG

An identical horde of supernaturally stunning pop-culture icons.
Just tell me she doesn't look like Brittany Spears...

:D

(I know, I know...you said pop-culture icon, but when I first read it, my brain changed it to "pop music icon").

Chris

Very scary idea, and yet I can see it in a cmapaign, it would start with all the young girls in town going to Free Makeover parties at their friends house. Each one coming home changed the next day..... Within a week, they would start in on their 'new' boyfriends....a few days later the adults would be targetted.

It would be pretty much unstoppable, unless their is some way to reverse the process. Else, the poor heroes will be forced to kill/imprision vast numbers of 'innocents'.

Originally posted by RadeFox

Very scary idea, and yet I can see it in a cmapaign, it would start with all the young girls in town going to Free Makeover parties at their friends house. Each one coming home changed the next day..... Within a week, they would start in on their 'new' boyfriends....a few days later the adults would be targetted.

It would be pretty much unstoppable, unless their is some way to reverse the process. Else, the poor heroes will be forced to kill/imprision vast numbers of 'innocents'.

There are ways to reverse it, I just didn't add them to the file yet. One is to move them beyond the reach of the Mindlink (look carefully to see what that would involve). The other is a counter-Transform of some sort.

She does need more Disads, though. Does anyone have suggestions?

Originally posted by Kristopher

There are ways to reverse it, I just didn't add them to the file yet. One is to move them beyond the reach of the Mindlink (look carefully to see what that would involve).

Looks to me, an IDHMBIFOM, that you'd have to send them to another dimension. OTOH, that would just infect another world with Unity, wouldn't it?

What happens if two Unity groups meet?

Originally posted by Black Rose

Looks to me, an IDHMBIFOM, that you'd have to send them to another dimension. OTOH, that would just infect another world with Unity, wouldn't it?

It would depend on how long it takes for the Transforms to reverse, and how carefull you are about keeping Unity confined.

What happens if two Unity groups meet?

Since every Unity shares the same goal, they basically team up.

PS: IDHMBIFOM?