[Character] Glitterbunny

JimLotFP

Inspired by the Paris Hilton: Villainess thread... destroying the limits of good taste here, just as the villainess herself should. :D

[b]Glitterbunny - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
10    STR     0   10      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [1]
18    DEX     24   18      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
20    CON     20   20      13-
15    BODY    10   15      12-
10    INT     0   10      11-       PER Roll 11-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
30    COM     10   30      15-
2    PD      0   2             2 PD (0 rPD)
4    ED      0   4             4 ED (0 rED)
2    SPD     0   2                 Phases:  6, 12
6    REC     0   6
40    END     0   40
30    STUN    0   30
7    RUN      2   7"                END [1]
3    SWIM     1   3"                END [1]
3    LEAP     1   3"                3" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 68[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
61     [b][i]See My Beautiful Expensive Toys![/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool, 46 base + 15 control cost,  (69 Active Points); VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-1/2) - END=
32     [b][i]Glamorous Beautiful Celebrity Attention Whore[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 64-point powers - END=
59     1)  [b][i]I'm Famous![/i][/b]: Mind Control 14d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Area Of Effect (14" Radius; +1) (210 Active Points); Set Effect: You Can't Blame Me, I Didn't Do Anything Wrong! (-1), No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2) - END=0
46     2)  [b][i]Starstruck![/i][/b]: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Takes No Damage From Physical Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), BOECV (Mental Defense applies; +1), Area Of Effect (12" Radius; +1) (160 Active Points); Entangle Has 1 BODY (-1/2), Mental Defense Adds To EGO (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) - END=7
30     [b][i]You Can Do It For Me, Just This Once![/i][/b]: +10 Conversation, Persuasion, Seduction - END=
10     [b][i]Disease-Free![/i][/b]: LS  (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) - END=0
8     [b][i]Fabulous Wardrobe![/i][/b]: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Clothing, Healed By Another Use of Transform), Improved Results Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); Limited Target: Own Clothes (-1) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 246[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
15      +3 with DCV
3      Seduction 11-
3      Persuasion 11-
3      High Society 11-
3      Conversation 11-
3      Contortionist 13-
3      Breakfall 13-
3      Acrobatics 13-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 36[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
25     Psychological Limitation:  Hopeless Self-Absorbed (Very Common, Total)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Bored! Bored! BORED! (Very Common, Strong)
15     Reputation:  Loose Celebrity Criminal, 14-
15     Public ID: Dawson Vanderbilt:  (Very Frequently, Minor)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Coquette (Common, Strong)
15     Enraged:  When They Aren't Paying Attention to ME! (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 14-
15     Social Limitation:  Completely Oblivious To Real Life (Frequently, Major)
15     Hunted:  Paparazzi 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Must Be in the Spotlight! (Common, Strong)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

Background/History: Dawson Vanderbilt was such a spoiled brat that when her parents died after a freak lightning strike, she screamed at their bodies during the funeral about having the nerve to leave her alone and have their funeral on her tennis day!

Poor, poor Dawson. Everything is never enough. She's a selfish and spoiled rich girl who became so spoiled and selfish that her sense of entitlement became real: She could make other people believe it.

Her reign of public terror (if terror it be) began when she was 16 and decided to be an actress. The movie was awful, and bombed, but the real story was that she slept around on the set, and bragged about it during the publicity for the movie, and because she was underaged a full dozen of the cast and crew (including the famous director) were arrested and sentenced. Her testimony at the trial made her the most famous person in America - becoming simultaneously hated and the focus of intense media scrutiny.

She loved it. Everywhere she went, everything she did, she had people following her, writing about her, paying attention to her. Nobody could say no to her. She was intensely disappointed when she turned 18 because her favorite personal power trip could no longer land people in prison.

So she found other things to do. Petty, ridiculous crimes, announced beforehand, media rights for coverage sold... and even when she was arrested, juries wouldn't convict her. Her cases never even went to trial unless she thought it would be front page news. And so her reign of celebrity terror continues on and on...

Personality/Motivation: She's bored, rich, and beautiful, and can do anything and get away with it. So she does. The more outrageous and controversial the crime, the better.

Quote: "Hello to all you handsome men out there in TV-Land! I'm going to rob a jewelry store! Watch me, will ya, tomorrow, 8pm, only on FOX! *mwah*"

Powers/Tactics: Glitterbunny's powers all serve her need for attention and inability to be responsible for anything.

First, she can change her clothing at will. When simply out and about, she has the most expensive designer clothing imaginable. When "on a caper," she always chooses shiny, glittery outfits with either skintight outfits, or short skirts, or otherwise taking advantage of her pefect body. Often news coverage has a problem since getting a full-body shot results in FCC complaints (that outfit doesn't just look painted on...)... but this just adds to the outrage, and thus the attention.

She has the preternatural ability to avoid blame for whatever she is doing. She explains this away as "Everybody loves me!" while the rest of the world describes it as celebrity gone mad. Dawson is no murderer, thankfully, but the world is increasingly incensed at her flaunting of society's standards of morals and decency... from afar.

When she needs a moment to think, she can strike a pose and just freeze everyone in their tracks with her shining brilliance.

She keeps in tip-top shape as her figure is the only thing she really works at. Being able to perform athletic feats (Acrobatics) and twist her body into unnatural positions (Contortionist) increases the attention she gets from the public in just the right way, too.

Also, because she is so rich, she always has some sort of toy (be it mechanical device or hunky follower), relating to her latest caper. It's never so impressive a thing, but minor little contrivances (a gang of loyal followers, a jetpack, a frost gun, armor that accentuates her curves, whatever). But they always look great and match her outfit.

Campaign Use: Glitterbunny is obviously not a master villain or serious threat to PCs - she is taking NO ONE in a stand up fight - but can certainly be used as a nuisance plot device (she steals some device just after the PCs realize they need it, or kidnaps some person just when they need to meet them). If she needs combat power, then her VPP could be used for a follower (even a robot bodyguard!) or minor combat gear.

If the GM is cruel, Glitterbunny may even decide she wants one (or all) of the PCs for her very own.

Re: [Character] Glitterbunny

Her reign of public terror (if terror it be) began when she was 16 and decided to be an actress. The movie was awful, and bombed, but the real story was that she slept around on the set, and bragged about it during the publicity for the movie, and because she was underaged a full dozen of the cast and crew (including the famous director) were arrested and sentenced. Her testimony at the trial made her the most famous person in America - becoming simultaneously hated and the focus of intense media scrutiny.

She loved it. Everywhere she went, everything she did, she had people following her, writing about her, paying attention to her. Nobody could say no to her. She was intensely disappointed when she turned 18 because her favorite personal power trip could no longer land people in prison.

There's something truly special about a girl who would use that as a power trip.:thumbdown:ugly:

If the GM is cruel' date=' Glitterbunny may even decide she wants one (or all) of the PCs for her very own.[/quote']

And since nothing could ever be her fault, the righteous spanking you want to give her only makes you look bad.

Re: [Character] Glitterbunny

There's something truly special about a girl who would use that as a power trip.:thumbdown:ugly:

The character is all about "me me me what feels good now me me me," "Oh look at all this attention!", but the most important point of the character was basically making a spoiled brat who, by her nature, never suffers any consequences (which is the only reason for the Life Support to be there, maybe that needed a -1 Limitation: Only vs STDs). We all know a good part of the reason Paris is famous, so I needed something to push that to an exaggerated "super villainess!" level. And I also needed something to show her behavior was destructive to those around her, that she was actually a villain and not just background super-celebrity fluff. But at the same time hardwiring it into the character via disadvantages seemed too "codified" for me; she doesn't do it because she likes wrecking other people's lives, she wrecks people's lives simply because she gets more attention than not doing so.

And I was really sloppy with the background text, too. (should be murderer, not murdered, etc...). The one sentence I started and didn't finish should be: "She keeps in tip-top shape as her figure is the only thing she really works at. Being able to perform athletic feats (Acrobatics) and twist her body into unnatural positions (Contortionist) increases the attention she gets from the public in just the right way, too."