The Ultimate Sensor

JmOz

If you do it the hard way

Acro year is quite correct,

it would take you forever and a day to compile a whole list

If your Gm oks a concept like this , try and put this by him

20 pt power pool 20

control cost 5 (-1 disad only for senses)

I would let either this one, or my last post go thru,this one is muchly more effective

I once tried to design a detect modelled after Geordi LaForge's VISOR on Star Trek: TNG. This was in the days of 4th Ed. It was something like...

Detect: EM Spectrum, as sense, range, discriminatory, targetting

With 5th Ed, I'd probably tack on N-Ray since he can sometimes see through walls with it.

Ok.. I've given this some thought and came up with three posible solutions( although 1 is hardly reasonable). First I want to explane how I enterpreted what you want, as I may be looking too deeply into this. I figured you wanted your character to be a master of using the detect power. Someone who could detect anything, at any time, and distinguish it between others. I had to start by figuring out what a basic Detect would cost, as there are three options. The options are:

3pt: a single rare thing

5pt: small group or farely common thing

10pt: large group or vary common thing

Since you want to detects vary common things, at least occasionaly we're looking at the 10pt version.

Then I had to figure out what modifiers would be added to the Detect. I came up with the following list. Some are obviouse ones you definately want to take, the last couple were ones I just thought fit my vision of it.

2pt: Sense(use as 0 phase action)

5pt: Range

5pt: Discriminitory

10pt: Targeting

5pt: Analyze

so all together we've got 10+2+5+5+10+5=37

37pts to detect one group or vary common thing as easily as I could see a person standing 10 ft from me.

At this point we can go different directions. You can add one group(or one vary common thing) or +5pts. This would take all day just to think of all the different things. The other two would be:

1)

64 VPP, 37 base + 27 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1)(only for changing the power; Detect still requires a per roll), Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (92 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available (Very Limited; -1)

2)

55 Detect A Large Class Of Things 11-(per roll) (Analyze, Discriminatory, Range, Sense, Targeting Sense), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2) (55 Active Points)

Well that's allI can think of. Of couse there are other options available for the Detect, and you dont have to take all the ones I did. But there's a starting place.