Permanent Death by Transfer

So here's the short version my lovely cats & kittens:

The spell in question is Death Knell. It allows the caster to draw out your remaining life force of the victim, add it to his own STR & BODY scores, and it also kills the victim. What I don't know is this:

If I hit you with all 3d6 of Death Knell and Transfer the remainder of your BODY to me, and I reduce you, via said Transfer, to less than your -BODY, are you actually dead? Or are you temporarily dead (?) or are you properly deceased?

Here's the spell itself:

Death Knell [Necromancy (Death, Evil)]: Transfer 3d6 (BODY to BODY and STR) (45 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only on Targets At Negative BODY; -1), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Spell (Death Domain; -1/2), Others Only (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

Re: Permanent Death by Transfer

I vote for dead, especially knowing the special effect intends dead (and not merely dead, but irrevocably and unraisably dead forever completely without even a ghost, spirit, free-roaming soul, bound soul, spectre or remnant, if I remember the spell correctly).

I've had GM's and fellow players insist 'temporary unless you bleed out your 'real' body, since adjustments are temporary.. but they can put you into bleeding to death territory.

Actually, this was clarified by Steve Long.

Drain and Transfer will kill a character if they reduce the character to negative their body value.

Suppress does not kill the character (they are mostly dead, which means slightly alive), and they will jump back up and do a jig as soon as the suppress is removed.

- Christopher Mullins

I am kind of leery of the 'others only -1/2' limitation. I doubt there will be enough times when you're at -Body but you really need a few points of Strength to justify giving this -1/2.:D

If the "others only" is intended to be the "Aid" part of the Transfer, no problem. If it's the "Drain" part of the Transfer, no limitation at all IMHO (would you give "others only" a limitation if it were a straight Drain BODY?)

To the OP: I'm pretty sure that -BODY, achieved by whatever means, is dead. In exactly the same way that your REC per month/Regeneration powers stop working if you're KAed to -BODY, the recovery rate of the Drain or Transfer stops happening if you're adjusted to -BODY.

If the "others only" is intended to be the "Aid" part of the Transfer, no problem. If it's the "Drain" part of the Transfer, no limitation at all IMHO (would you give "others only" a limitation if it were a straight Drain BODY?)

To the OP: I'm pretty sure that -BODY, achieved by whatever means, is dead. In exactly the same way that your REC per month/Regeneration powers stop working if you're KAed to -BODY, the recovery rate of the Drain or Transfer stops happening if you're adjusted to -BODY.

Heh. Woops, corrected.