A "The West Wing" Secret Service question, version 2.0

Mark Rand

Re: A "The West Wing" Secret Service question, version 2.0

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure bad television stays dead.

I liked the show. We're discussing possible Secret Service procedures about various things in a superhero universe, using characters from The West Wing to aid us.

Right now, we're discussing their reaction to the fact that three of the President-Elect's staffers are Immortal, that the NID, or its equivalent, and the NSA may attack, and what they're going to do about it.

I liked the show. We're discussing possible Secret Service procedures about various things in a superhero universe' date=' using characters from [i']The West Wing[/i] to aid us.

Right now, we're discussing their reaction to the fact that three of the President-Elect's staffers are Immortal, that the NID, or its equivalent, and the NSA may attack, and what they're going to do about it.

I understand all that. I was joking. My bad.

I understand all that. I was joking. My bad.

Not a problem. Any thoughts on how the Secret Service in general and Special Agent Ron Butterfield in particular might react to Immortals on the staff and the offer of over 100 Amazons and family members, complete with heavy weapons?

the immortals would be used as the last line of defence for high profile targets (The SS running by the presedent), as they might not want to but would be seriously less effected by taking a bullet

Not a problem. Any thoughts on how the Secret Service in general and Special Agent Ron Butterfield in particular might react to Immortals on the staff and the offer of over 100 Amazons and family members' date=' complete with heavy weapons?[/quote']

Sure. If they weren't on the Secret Service, he'd ask them to stay at home and away from his principals, and manage their contact with the principals heavily. He's run deep background checks on all of them, like he would for anybody he might expect to have regular or frequent White House access. He might even try to have an agent infiltrate their numbers.

But if they weren't one of his people, he'd refuse to allow them to be a part of the security detail. SOP, I believe.

the immortals would be used as the last line of defence for high profile targets (The SS running by the presedent)' date=' as they might not want to but would be seriously less effected by taking a bullet[/quote']

C.J., Kathy, and Carol or others?

Others in D.C. include Mulder and the Scully sisters (from X-Files) and Harm and Mac (from JAG).

I suspect that Bonnie and Ginger (mortal Guardian Witches and Toby's assistants) and Kathy (an Immortal ninja and Slayer [born Sadako Tanaka in the 17th century] and Sam's assistant) might do an advance sweep of wherever the President will be.

Sure. If they weren't on the Secret Service, he'd ask them to stay at home and away from his principals, and manage their contact with the principals heavily. He's run deep background checks on all of them, like he would for anybody he might expect to have regular or frequent White House access. He might even try to have an agent infiltrate their numbers.

But if they weren't one of his people, he'd refuse to allow them to be a part of the security detail. SOP, I believe.

Once Ron explains the situation, C.J. responded, "I understand. The people I was willing to summon would've included United States Marshals, PRIMUS agents, including the Golden Avenger, a few FBI agents, and a couple of friends from JAG."

Kathy then pointed to the stuff the NID had published, and said, "From what I've seen, everything about me in those books are true. What do you want us to do?"

This is how the secret of the Immortals and Slayers was revealed.

Having created the Initiative, the NID knew about Slayers, vampires and such. They found out about Immortals after discovering one of the CDs containing the files of the Council of Watchers.

During the Presidential election before the campaign started, a letter was sent to all Immortals, Slayers, and their associates within the United States informing that they had no human rights and telling them that if everyone didn't surrender to the NID by Election Day, the files would be made public. It was signed by the head of the NID, the head of the National Security Agency, Dubya, and Senator Robert Kinsey, the Republican Presidential candidate.

Almost nobody surrendered. The NID announced the existence of Immortals and Slayers to the public and promised that all the files on them would be made public before Jed Bartlet was sworn in as President.

The announcement was made public at the same time Jed Bartlet was discovering that C.J., Kathy, and the Vice President's daughter were Slayers, Toby was a Watcher, and Nancy, Bonnie, Carol, and Ginger were Guardian (or white) Witches.

The NID's 6-volume hardback, which sold for a total of $5.00 (and normally would've sold for $80.00), claimed that the Council of Watchers, Society of Watchers, and Amazon Nation were all subversive groups.

The NID itself, which is tasked to provide civilian oversight to top-secret military projects, is considered a joke by many military people.

The NID report claimed that C.J. and Carol were Immortal Amazons that were born in the 1960s and killed in the 1980s be a vampire they had been tracking and that Kathy was Sadako Tanaka, an Immortal ninja born in the 1600s.

She and her sister, a Slayer, were killed by a chaos demon they had been hunting. After she had returned to life, she and her teacher, a Japanese woman, traveled the world, fighting demons and other evil beings.

I think I'm going to forget about this thread and have something else happen.

The Immortals disk will be found by a burglar. It then goes through several fences before a publisher prints it under a house name.

• 4 weeks later...

More revamping.

Jed Bartlet's opponent was Senator Robert Kinsey, Dubya's hand-picked successor.

While they were setting the motorhome up, Gina showed Zoey a statue of Artemis and admitted that she was an Amazon. A curious Zoey asked questions, then began praying to Artemis, too and learning about Amazons.

In early December, Zoey discovered that she wasn't cut out to be a showgirl. However, she was offered a chance to replace the lion trainer and proved to be a natural. Moreover, she discovered that she could mentally converse with her cats.

In mid to late December, Zoey and Gina made several trips to Las Vegas. Officially, it was to have costumes made and have publicity photographs taken. It also gave Gina time to introduce Zoey to her fellow Amazons and begin her combat training. The two also attended the December solstice festival. When they returned to the circus, a gold bracelet with one gold braid appeared on her left wrist. Both women understood the meaning. Artemis thought that Zoey would be a great Amazon.

In mid January, the NID published a multi-volume book about Immortals, Amazons, and Slayers. Dubya immediately declared the Immortals and Slayers non-human and the Amazons terrorists.

He also said that they had no rights and ordered their capture. Any law enforcement agent that refused would be arrested on various charges.

Bartlet called Dubya a fool and stated that he would cancel that order and get rid of the NID the moment he became President.

The Supreme Court sided with Bartlet.

"Zoey, your father will do what he's told," Mike said.

She and Gina turned and saw Mike pointing a gun at them. "What's going on, Mike?" Zoey asked.

"I'm an NID agent," Mike replied. "You're going to be hostage for your father's good behavior. I'm not sure about Gina, yet, but she might be hostage for your good behavior."

"Mike, don't do this," Zoey said. "The NID was created to be oversight for top secret projects, nothing more."

"We've changed," he said before getting hit on the head.

"Gina, your Aunt Grace hopes you and Zoey will stop by for dinner soon," said the county sheriff.

"Thanks, Uncle Matt," Gina said. "Zoey's doing a wonderful job of learning our ways. The Lady gave her a single-braid bracelet as a solstice gift."

"Wonderful," he said. "Where did you celebrate?"

"Las Vegas," Zoey replied. "I was there for a costume fitting."

"I see," Matt said. His deputies took Mike away and passed Gina a box. "Want me to leave someone behind?"

"We'll manage," Gina replied. She then looked at Zoey and said, "Time to put our sneaky plan into action."

Two hours later, 12 NID agents arrived at the circus. Six broke into Zoey and Gina's trailer and triggered Gina's first bobby trap...flashbang and riot gas grenades.

If the six remaining NID agents had been smart, they would've left and turned themselves into the sheriff. They weren't. Instead, they headed for the cat barn.

"Now what?" one idiot asked, looking at the cage the cats were sleeping in.

"Open the cage," came the reply. "The girls may be in there."

"What about the cats?" the first idiot asked.

"We'll kill them," the second idiot replied. "After all, we're going to keep the girls hostage for at least four years."

He opened the door. A female voice yelled "Now!" For a moment, the NID agents saw two female figures clad head to tow in tawny unitards, then, they became cat food.

"I'll call Uncle Matt on the cell phone," Gina said, pulling her mask off.

"I think Mr. Ross already called him," Zoey said, unmasking. "We have to get my motorhome repaired."

"I'm sure the courts will make the NID agents pay it," Gina said. "No doubt, these punks won't be in court until your father becomes President."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still throwing this around in my head.

The Bartlet family farm is less than 30 minutes from the hospitals in Manchester, New Hampshire's largest city.

Neither Jed nor the Secret Service knew about the undead until Elena Hoynes saves her agent from a vampire.

We'll keep the knowledge that Immortals exist under wraps.

Zoey stays a showgirl. Although she joins Gina in worshiping Artemis and is learning Amazon culture, customs and ways, and the Greek language, she isn't an Amazon. Gina, possibly, could train her in hand to hand combat under the guise of working out with her.