Batman is dead

Mark Rand

Re: Batman is dead

And that would make for an interesting campaign, because you've taken all of the back story, and now you're turning it all into something that puts the camera back on the PCs. And while I respect what (I think) JmOz is saying, ignoring the very people trying to help you is never a good idea. ;)

I said it w/ a little bit more umph, sure you should respect what experienced people tell you when they are trying to help, but you have to balance that with the fact that you know your players better than we do, you can talk to them and find out more about what they want, etc...

No offence but I would HATE to play in your game, because of the number of things inserted into it from television, comics, etc... I like homages, but I hate things being put in whole cloth

While I may not be as experienced as a GM as most people on this board, I have to agree with Thia that player input really helps make the game more enjoyable.

If they like the idea of a Bat Team campaign with a PRIMUS Batgirl as the leader, by all means, go for it. I personally think it'd be a fun game. But some players might not.

Definately come up with at least three or four alternate premises for the campaign, worst case scenario where they don't like any ideas (which is unlikely), fall back on winging it and writing the story around what the characters do in their first few encounters.

All that being said, I hope you and your players end up with a satisfying and fun game.