Interviewing Leather (Interview with a Supervillain)

Mephron

Eric Burns (of websnark.com fame) is doing a sequence of posts of a Rolling Stone reporter in a superhero universe who gets the assignment to interview a supervillian. I thought some people here might appreciate it.

http://banter-latte.annotations.com/category/superhero/

is how you find it; I do recommend starting at the bottom with Part 1, and reading up.

Enjoy!

Re: Interviewing Leather (Interview with a Supervillain)

For those who'd rather have a clickable link, here.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Part Six

Part Seven

Part Eight

It's interesting, in that it's a very three-dimensional portrayal of a supervillain, and the character development is quite interesting. I'm certainly curious where he's going with it.

Interesting that he's set up his own universe for this. I kept trying to figure out which comic book universe he could be talking about.

So far, the part that's impressed me the most is when Leather says why "normals" are out of the question, as far as intimacy is concerned. Because that seems to be the most honest and mature assessment I've seen in a supers context. The author's thought through a lot of the logical extensions of this character, to the point where he knows what sex with her would be like. While that's creepy on one level, on another, it shows a level of insight I don't see in many comic books.

Huh? You go to the bottom, click link for #1; read. Back, to go #2, click link for #2, read.

It's like here.

No here posts follow one another. Everyplace I've seen with episode stories has a "Next" button. Why can't he do even that?

And not all the pieces are gotten from the "front page" and there's other sh---tuff to wade through. Too much PITA for a story that starts ssllloooowwww.

Not worth my time, so buh-bye.

No here posts follow one another. Everyplace I've seen with episode stories has a "Next" button. Why can't he do even that?

And not all the pieces are gotten from the "front page" and there's other sh---tuff to wade through. Too much PITA for a story that starts ssllloooowwww.

Not worth my time, so buh-bye.

As Alice said - it's a blog, not a discussion board. It's format follows blog format - i.e. it's expected your read daily or regularly. Not whenever.

As for the "can't get to 'em all from the front page" you are obviously unaware of modern-blog features such as Key Words - under categories click on "Superheroes" and all the interview posts are on one page. Technology, what will they think of next.

I won't comment on the worth of your time, that's all on you.

Cool. ^ v ^

I wonder how many parts it's going to be?

Also, it's an interesting reversal, having the male character being the one being chastised about, "Don't do anything I'd need to rescue you for. You're going to stay put."

Part of me's hoping for a radiation accident, or some other twist like that. Most of me is enjoying the story as it is, and wondering where it's going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One last update -- there is a part thirteen and a part fourteen:

http://banter-latte.annotations.com/2007/09/25/interviewing-leather-part-thirteen/

http://banter-latte.annotations.com/2007/10/02/interviewing-leather-part-fourteen/

And there's now a specific link to hit all fourteen parts if you want:

http://banter-latte.annotations.com/tag/interviewing-leather/

There's apparently going to be more stories set in this universe. I wonder if we can get Hero system stats for the characters. :)