Another approach to regeration

Didn't want to "hijack" the Heal thread, so I'm starting a new one. Those already tired of the Regeneration discussion can skip this.

Rather than base Regeneration on Healing, I use extra Recovery, with a +1/2 advantage for each step up the time chart. Like normal Rec, it costs 2 pts to regain 1 Body per month. Shorter intervals cost more:

2pts Rec 1 Body per month

3pts Rec 1 Body per week

4pts Rec 1 Body per day

5pts Rec 1 Body per 6 hours

6pts Rec 1 Body per 1 hour

7pts Rec 1 Body per 20 minutes

8pts Rec 1 Body per 5 minutes

9pts Rec 1 Body per minute

10pts Rec 1 Body per turn

This probably looks familiar; IIRC, when Regen first appeared, it had a cost of 10pts to Recover 1 Body per turn. As constructed above, this would also apply the Recovery to Stun. A limitation "no Stun" could be used, but I doubt I'd give it the -3/4 value from FREd, as the benefit of recovering stun over such long intervals isn't much, anyway.

Feedback? Good, bad, or just ugly?

thanx heaps,

DGv3.0

Great idea, and close to my House Rule pre-FRED.

However, for ZERO points, you already get REC per month of BODY. Why not start from there?

0 REC per month

2 REC per week

4 REC per day

6 REC per 6 hours

8 REC per hour

10 REC per 20 minutes

12 REC per 5 minutes

14 REC per minute

This is as high as you should need to go, since even a 5 REC gets you 1 BODY per Turn for 14 points.

This is a little more expensive than either 4E or FRED, but that's fine with me. Most campaigns are more lethal than they used to be (Bronze Age to Iron Age and all that), so very rapid healing is more valuable.

Originally posted by Arthur

Great idea, and close to my House Rule pre-FRED.

However, for ZERO points, you already get REC per month of BODY. Why not start from there?

0 REC per month

2 REC per week

4 REC per day

6 REC per 6 hours

8 REC per hour

10 REC per 20 minutes

12 REC per 5 minutes

14 REC per minute

This is as high as you should need to go, since even a 5 REC gets you 1 BODY per Turn for 14 points.

This is a little more expensive than either 4E or FRED, but that's fine with me. Most campaigns are more lethal than they used to be (Bronze Age to Iron Age and all that), so very rapid healing is more valuable.

The way he has it would be correct he was including the actual cost of the recovery. So to recover 1 Bod per a month does cost you 2 points

P.S.: I like but I also do not have a problem with the current system.

Originally posted by Ndreare

The way he has it would be correct he was including the actual cost of the recovery. So to recover 1 Bod per a month does cost you 2 points

P.S.: I like but I also do not have a problem with the current system.

My thinking exactly; at base level, this is just like buying extra points of Recovery. (same cost, same effect) It would also be possible to apply the +1/2 per time increment to a character's base Recovery as a naked advantage. But my "munchkin sense" power goes crazy whenever I think about that, so there might be a problem. Maybe this should cost more, like the options mentioned above?

thanks for the feedback, everyone. :)

DGv3.0

Originally posted by DigitalGolem

It would also be possible to apply the +1/2 per time increment to a character's base Recovery as a naked advantage. But my "munchkin sense" power goes crazy DGv3.0

That's a +4 Advantage, if I'm not fuzzy at 1:45 in the morning, to get it down to the standard Regeneration time of 1/turn. So, if you apply it to 1 REC, it costs 8 pts to get 1 Body/Turn Regeneration. That seems about right.