[Character] Omega 27

Certified

Inspired from a couple of threads that have been going around, not in any order beyond when I found them: Create this Character, I liked the idea of an escaped experiment and have been wanting to do a super solder for a while. Power suggestions for a "Perfect" human being, lots of cool ideas thrown around in this thread, I don't know why I was thinking about it today but I went to it for some power ideas. Then there is the ongoing Dex/Speed debates, Omega 27 is designed to be a peak human with minor superpowers. As he develops I'm curious what will come out as more important for the character, quicker actions or evolving his powers. Anyway there you go, Enjoy. :cool:

Omega 27

Alternate IDs: None (Has not chosen a name yet)

Value Char Base Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 10 13- 4d6 / 400.0kg

20 DEX 10 30 13-

20 CON 10 20 13-

18 BODY 10 16 13-

20 INT 10 10 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 10 16 13-

18 PRE 10 8 13- 3 1/2d6

14 COM 10 2 12-

18 PD 4 14

18 ED 4 14

5 SPD 3.0 20

8 REC 8 0

40 END 40 0

38 STUN 38 0

Movement

Running: 8"/16"

Swimming: 4"/8"

Leaping H: 4"

Leaping V: 2"

Basic Combat Stats

BaseOCV: 7 BaseDCV: 7 BaseECV: 6

Adjustments: Adjustments: Adjustments:

Total: Total: Total:

Levels: +1 Overall, +3 with DCV

Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128

RMod 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

18 PD (18 rPD) 18 ED (18 rED) 8 MD 4 PwrD

END: 40 STUN: 38 BODY: 18

Martial Arts

16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)

5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort

5 Defensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 8d6 Strike

3 Defensive Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Block, TargetFalls

4 Reversal: var Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, 55 STR to Escape; Grab Two Limbs

Skills

10 Genetic Memories: +1 Overall [Notes: The Atlas Group is unaware that Omega 27 contains fragments of memoires from sequence donors. Omega 27 believes this may be related to the memory like properties of his cellular makeup.]

15 +3 with DCV

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Cryptography 13- [Notes: This is not formal training. Omega 27 has a natural affinity for code breaking. ]

3 Deduction 13-

Perks

2 Deep Cover [Notes: Atlas Group records are classified.]

Talents 5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

Powers

15 Crystal Heart Blade: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); OAF (-1)

3u 1) Slash: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) (30 Active Points) vs PD. 3

3u 2) Twisting The Blade: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1 (2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (30 Active Points) vs PD. 3

2u 3) Flick of the wrist: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points) 0

18 Crystalline Cell Structure: Damage Resistance (18 PD/18 ED) 0

40 Analyze Opponent : Find Weakness 13- with All Attacks 0

7 Regeneration: Healing 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).] 0

5 Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Longevity: 200 Years; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

4 Iron Will: Mental Defense (8 points total) 0

4 Natural Abilities: Power Defense (4 points) 0

Disadvantages

Distinctive Features: No physical blemishes and limited body hair. (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 5

Distinctive Features: Altered DNA (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort - DNA Test) 5

Watching: GEO 14- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching) 20

Watching: Atlas Group 14- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching) 20

Watching: MBI 11- (As Pow, NCI, Watching) [Notes: Omega 27 is not a registered Metahuman and has no legal records. Like all non-registered Metahumans his activities are being tracked. This has offered him some defense from GEO as they avoid the eye of the government.] 10

Money: Destitute 10

Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Moderate 10

Psychological Limitation: Seclusive (Common, Strong) 15

Psychological Limitation: Naive (Common, Total) [Notes: Omega 27�s lacks a understanding regarding human interaction.] 20

Social Limitation: No Legal Identificatio (Occasionally, Major) 10

Social Limitation: Harmful Secret (Frequently, Severe) 20

Susceptibility: Cellular Modifications or Changes 1d6 damage Instant (Uncommon) 5 20

Combat Maneuvers

Name Phs OCV DCV Effect

Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, Abort

Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod

Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can Disarm

Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, Vs. All Att

Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab 2 Limbs

Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab

Haymaker 1/2 +0 -5 +4 DC, Delayed Phs

Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5

MoveThru 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3

Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Att Only

Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or Weapon

Defensive Block 1/2 +1 +3 Block, Abort

Defensive Strike 1/2 +1 +3 8d6 Strike

Defensive Throw 1/2 +1 +1 Block, TargetFalls

Reversal var -1 -2 55 STR to Escape; Grab Two Limbs

Character Costs

Characteristics: 166 Martial Arts: 33

Skills: 40 Perks: 2

Talents: 8 Powers: 101

Base Points: 200

Disadvantages: 150

Unspent Exp: 0

Spent Exp: 0

Total: 350

Character Information

Height: 1.90 m Hair: White/Clear

Weight: 117.00 kg Eyes: Gold

Appearance: Omega 27 has light bronze skin and silvery white almost transparent hair. He wears a simple white body suit given to him during his time at the Atlas Group.

Background: Designed by scientists at the Atlas Group subject Omega 27.0415 is the latest in experiments in generic research and Metahuman anatomy. DNA sequence Omega, prototype number 27. The DNA sequence used was derived from samples taken from survivors of the original KB exposure at the Strasbourg Event. Using technology [Omitted TS 44214 Required] the fourteen DNA strains were combined and modified for an estimated maximum effect with minimal abnormal variance. Series Alpha through Nova showed continued progress in this regard. The only outward facing mutation in the Omega series is the crystalline refraction in cellular repositories, hair, nails.

Omega 27 seems to have a minor control of the mineral deposits his body naturally produces allowing him to craft thin crystal like blades. This process takes between eight and twelve hours.

Early tests showed a high level of reasoning and intuitive ability. Omega 27 has been given training in both hand to hand self defense and weapons training. This is in addition to basic language and simple education. The Atlas Group has implanted mental conditioning within Omega 27 to respect human life and need to protect others.

Omega 27 is only one of nine living subjects and the first to reach the final stages of testing. We have engineered his release during transport through the San Fernando Valley. Omega 27 is being monitored now in live tests.

The Atlas Group has already begun production on an Omega 28 altering the DNA sequence to create a female prototype. The current mark is 228 we are estimating a similar number of rejected fetuses to Omega 27 before we can begin production. Should the Omega 27 and 28 prove to be a reproducible specimen the estimated build out time is two years for laboratory and facility expansion and six years production time. These estimates are based on the original figures modified for current standards and training time for Omega 27.

Personalilty: Born in a lab Omega 27 has been kept from the full details of his past. He is aware that he was designed as a military experiment to test human potential, his purpose being the protection of non-combatants. Although he has a respect for the scientist and instructors he fears being recaptured. Omega 27 wants to learn the truth behind the experiments that created him. Unable to escape his need to protect others Omega 27 has taken a longer approach to discovering the truth behind his origins. Aware that he is being watch he acts as a crime fighter waiting for the opportunity to raid the equipment of those monitoring his activities without alerting them. In the meantime he has committed to studying other areas of interest to broaden his limited skills.

Quote: "..."

Re: [Character] Omega 27

Nice. I agree that more Strength would be fitting. You could do it if you got rid of the 3 levels with DCV. Two of the Martial Manuever you took give a +3 DCV automatically. In his current form Omega 27 would have a 13 DCV after performing a Defensive Strike. Heck buying a Martial Dodge would cost you five points and give you a +5 DCV when you needed it. This would free up 10 points.

Also nothing in your background suggests why and how Omega 27 maintains a Secret ID. I don't see how it is appropriate.

You could also lower the PRE a bit to represent the naivety of the character,

The Find Weakness is just plain nasty odds are Omega 27 will be successful at least once against an average character, thus resulting in an 8d6 Defensive Strike vs. Half Defenses or heaven forbid a 2d6 KA against 1/4 Defenses.

Also nothing in your background suggests why and how Omega 27 maintains a Secret ID. I don't see how it is appropriate.

I took Secret ID because I thought Omega 27 would have a lot of identity related problems. Lacking any public records of his existence it creates many social problems outside of the normal heroing. Secret ID seemed to be the best fit for these problems.

You could also lower the PRE a bit to represent the naivety of the character' date=' [/quote']

I wasn't sure how high to take his PRE I wanted to represent a powerful force of personality and general charisma. At the same time I did want some of the naivety to come through so I took the Venerability to Persuasion. I may change this to Presence Attacks but this would also imply he can be easily cowed.

The Find Weakness is just plain nasty odds are Omega 27 will be successful at least once against an average character' date=' thus resulting in an 8d6 Defensive Strike vs. Half Defenses or heaven forbid a 2d6 KA against 1/4 Defenses.[/quote']

Yep, Find Weakness is nasty, I thought it would be a good way to compensate for not having any real high end attack for battling supers.

I took Secret ID because I thought Omega 27 would have a lot of identity related problems. Lacking any public records of his existence it creates many social problems outside of the normal heroing. Secret ID seemed to be the best fit for these problems.

There are benefits and disadvantages to not having a "legal" identity. No Social Security Number or Identification Card means no job. But it also means no taxes. And it also means Omega 27 is "off the grid", it makes it easier for him to drop out of sight. Kind of like being SINless in Shadowrun.

I'd suggest Social Limitation: No Legal Identification - 10 points

of course that means you need another 10 points in Disadvantages then.

I would suggest Distinctive Feature: Altered DNA (Not Concealable, Only Detected by Technological Means - DNA Test) - 5 Points

and

Susceptabilty: Cellular Modifications or Changes (Uncommon, Instant, 1d6) - 5 Points This would represent his body fighting anything that would try to mimic, alter or affect his cell structure such as a transporter beam or another person healing him or other such things. It also does give him a weakness that is based on his "nonstandard DNA", sort of a flaw in the Omega Series.

I wasn't sure how high to take his PRE I wanted to represent a powerful force of personality and general charisma. At the same time I did want some of the naivety to come through so I took the Venerability to Persuasion. I may change this to Presence Attacks but this would also imply he can be easily cowed.

You could drop the Vulnerability all together and buy Psychological Limitation: Naive - 20 points This allows him to slowly buy off this disadvantage as he learns more about the world. This also makes all situations where he could be manipulated a factor of his common sense (i.e. Ego Roll) not a factor of his personality. A con man would be able to grift him but not because the con man was especially good, but because Omega 27 didn't know any better.

These are just my thoughts. Either way I hope they help.

There are benefits and disadvantages to not having a "legal" identity. No Social Security Number or Identification Card means no job. But it also means no taxes. And it also means Omega 27 is "off the grid", it makes it easier for him to drop out of sight. Kind of like being SINless in Shadowrun.

I'd suggest Social Limitation: No Legal Identification - 10 points

of course that means you need another 10 points in Disadvantages then.

I would suggest Distinctive Feature: Altered DNA (Not Concealable, Only Detected by Technological Means - DNA Test) - 5 Points

and

Susceptabilty: Cellular Modifications or Changes (Uncommon, Instant, 1d6) - 5 Points This would represent his body fighting anything that would try to mimic, alter or affect his cell structure such as a transporter beam or another person healing him or other such things. It also does give him a weakness that is based on his "nonstandard DNA", sort of a flaw in the Omega Series.

You could drop the Vulnerability all together and buy Psychological Limitation: Naive - 20 points This allows him to slowly buy off this disadvantage as he learns more about the world. This also makes all situations where he could be manipulated a factor of his common sense (i.e. Ego Roll) not a factor of his personality. A con man would be able to grift him but not because the con man was especially good, but because Omega 27 didn't know any better.

These are just my thoughts. Either way I hope they help.

I think these changes could work. I like moving the Vulnerability to something that can bought off over time not as just one lump sum. When I get back to the house I'll update the file and edit the character here.

Just a suggestion, but one equation I share often is Con+ Def = avg damage

Your's is 38, which means a 12D6 attack averages a Stun result. In a MA type that may mean trouble.

It does mean lost phases.Additionally FW is a power that trades phases for more offence. So...your speed may be low for this build.

I'd also lose some of the DCV levels...I'd likely suggest Dex 23 to 26, and Speed 6....

YMMV...

Just a suggestion, but one equation I share often is Con+ Def = avg damage

Your's is 38, which means a 12D6 attack averages a Stun result. In a MA type that may mean trouble.

It does mean lost phases.Additionally FW is a power that trades phases for more offence. So...your speed may be low for this build.

I'd also lose some of the DCV levels...I'd likely suggest Dex 23 to 26, and Speed 6....

YMMV...

Thanks for the equation that could definitely be usefully for character design. Omega 27 wasn't really designed to go up against superpowered threats alone. Part of his concept is peak human so a lot of his abilities are below what many consider standard.

The one that seems to be the biggest is his Dexterity and Speed. I decided to go with a Speed 5 because the NCM is 4 with a hard cap of 6. This puts him above almost all non-super threats.

Your point on Find Weakness is extremely valid. With out the additional phases of a high speed to use it he's at a severe disadvantage. This is especially true if he's also using Missile Deflection. The concept behind Find Weakness is I pictured Omega 27 as very analytical. I thought Find Weakness would be a good way to help compensate against high PD opponents. That said I think some of his early XP may be spent on skills like Analise. As up till this point Omega 27 has only fought with instructors, basically skilled normals is what I pictured, it would make since that he would look for easy ways to end the combat relying on his superior abilities. Now that he is no longer isolated he will be facing real threats and having to learn to compensate for the higher challenge.

Part of the character design was to see if Dexterity 20 Speed 5 could be a viable when even the pregens from the main book all have a Speed of 6.

On a related note, at some point I'm planning a campaign where average PC Speeds are 4 - 5. That's not to say higher Speeds are out but, they should be part of the character concept. This would be true for the NPCs as well. This should allow the PCs more points to flesh out the character concept. It stops being Speed inflation if we stop inflating Speed.

20 and 5 is totally valid...but a MA needs a high speed so he can abort once a turn (trust me, unless you got big Def, you'll want to abort at least once a turn) not having a Con + DEf of 42 in a 12 die game will also cost phases. And FW. Thats a lot to overcome.

My basic rule of thumb is MA chars. need avg speed to avg speed +1 to be happy.

A brick won't be losing phases, so he can deleiver more on a lower speed.

For games I run a artificial super soldier would be 25 Str and Con, and 23 to 26 on Dex...all in the amazing to legundary cat. but still "Human" and I'd use Combat luck for some of the defenses. after all he has skin that is as hard as a bank vault, so "Human" is a little debatable.

I'd probibly go with "Subdermal Armor" +5 DEFand Combat luck x2 for the resistant DEf...add that to say 10 PD and ED and thats 21+Con 25 = 46 (only gets stunned by unusual attacks like NND, lucky KA's and Haymakers....) now you don't lose phases...so a high speed becomes less of an issue...