Throwing Someone

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm almost out of internet time (I only have the net at work). Apologies where needed.

How would I make a character who could do super knockback? Like, I hit someone with my stick and they fly back three blocks, and fifty feet in the air? Is that just lots of increased knockback, or leaping UAA, or what?

A 6d6HA with Double Knockback, O end, Focus: Staff used by someone with 30 STR would do 12d6 damage and average 17 inches of knockback. That's quite a nasty attack for only 47 points real cost (27 for the staff, 20 for the str). IIRC, HA allows a number of dice of STR damage equal to the number of dice in the HA to use advantages other than O end for "free." Checked this in the FAQ a few weeks ago.

Or buy megascale on your Extra knockback.

They'll only take 1d6 of damage per megahex they fly backwards, but if you want to punch somebody into the next state, that seems like the way to go.

Of course, if a player tried to slide this past me, I'd have a 2-letter answer for him, but....

cheers, Mark

I'm fond of Dispels vs. Knockback Resistance, does knockback (+1/4), double knockback (+3/4). Mostly it's for knockback causing dice at 3 points base each; if the target actually has knockback resistance, well, it's convenient if it can be neutralized too. Get it with no range and linked to STR then use it in multiple powers attacks and you're set.

If it keeps the ranged capability and is unrelated to strength, it does what I consider a nice repulsor beam effect.

You can also run it on a non-targeting sense Flash attack. The classic brick deafening hand-clap that sends people flying around would be an example. A touch group Flash might be interpreted as some sort of weird numbing touch combined with a throw. Smell/taste Flashes that do double knockback - well, they're hard to describe in polite company but maybe suitable for really disgusting villains.