Hero Eficiancy Rating?

Ndreare

Re: Hero Eficiancy Rating?

Originally posted by Ndreare

Using the ER system does anyone here no how to add for V.P.P.'s I am trying to impliment the system but cannot find mention of V.P.P.s value.

I seem to be out of touch, what is this ER System? Or, just, where can I find it?

this is a character balancing tool presented to us in Digital Hero #3

Resource Road

The Effectiveness Rating - Just because a character falls under the Active Point cap doesn't mean he's balanced. This worksheet helps prevent abuse. PAGE 47

This can be downloaded with DH credits bought on this web site.

The Campaign that I am involved with uses the ER from Digital Hero 3 to "police" our PCs. The way we handle VPP's is to decide what the most efficent grouping of powers the PC has available for the VPP and then compute them on the ER as normal (i.e. not in a VPP). We also count any "capabilties" that can be gained from the VPP in the capabilities section of the ER, as well as any powers such as invisibility and Desolidification, if the character has these powers available in his VPP. We are also required to provide the GM with a list of available powers from VPPs so this helps in computing ER, since we know what the PC can do with his VPP. Hopefully this helps a little. We have been using the ER and earlier versions of it for several years, so sometimes when talking about it I forget that not everyone knows it as well as our group does. Maybe Keneton will see this post and respond as well. He submitted the ER article to DH, and I'm sure he can put fourth a much better written explanation than me.

Guest Keneton

Explanation

When rating variable power pools, a list should be made for possible abilities. All such abilities should be rated normally.

·All abilities are rated at full but not pushed.

·All abilities should be rated even if they can’t be done on the same phase. The only exception is for most effective attack, which is the most effective combination of all of his attacks. A character might have several attacks that are most effective.

·Mind Scan is rated as an attack.

·Extra reach for weapon length, growth, and stretching count as extra inches of movement on the move section of Most Effective Attack.

·Attacks that take a full phase or extra time count Move as zero unless the character can stretch or has reach as above.

·Count adjustment powers as noted under Unusual Abilities. Exceptions are noted below.

·Count Healing as an Aid to Body counting all die rolls as 4.

·Count Healing - Regeneration as indicated in the formula.

·When calculating Active Points for the sake of ER, do not count the following:

1. Reduced End Cost

2. Persistent or Inherent

3. Extra Charges and Clips

4. Difficult to Dispel

:D

Guest Keneton

You are welcome. Shadeja knows more about the ER than me, but I have a talent for making the difficult easy. Should you run into further concern plase feel free to ask via e-mail or forward chracters for rating.

My present campaign has a limit of 100. We do not use the optional rated items, but are leaning toward them. We use +100/1 veteran bonus but are leaning to +50/1.

:)