Jumper

mallet

Re: Jumper

Oh, WOW! I haven't seen a trailer that made me this excited in ages! Clearly strongly based on the novel of the same name (the added second jumper character is the only significant change I can see), which is good because I loved the novel. Hermit: if it's as much like the book as I think, the protagonist does get in some super-heroing, though costumeless. And super-villainy, come to think of it.

Definite must-see for me. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: here's a link to the book on Amazon: Jumper by Steven Gould

Looks like he's got a lot of points in Teleport... I mean, look at the mass multiple he's got, teleporting semis around.

I'm almost always up for a superhero movie, although more than half of them suck.

Hadn't noticed the semi. In the book he could only 'port with whatever he could lift off the ground - if only for a fraction of a second.

Agreed about most superhero movies sucking - and about the fact that I'm usually willing to give them a try anyway. :) Despite what I said above, this will probably be more of a sci-fi movie than a superhero movie, though. In the book, he's sympathetic and at times heroic, but he doesn't exactly put on spandex to fight crime.

wasn't a semi it was an antique london route master bus the philistine as to how much teleport he would need your looking at hmmm between 8 and 12 tonnes depending on the model and if it has any passangers so hmm 128x mass would probably cover it but you might want to go with 256 just to be on the safe side.

i think you could buy a lot of the powers shown as teleporter tricks using stuff like aid to running for the boost to the car etc.

must say looks like an awesome movie