Sounds like an Origin to Me

McCoy

Hockey player's body found after 14 years

REGINA - The body of a Canadian hockey player who went missing in Austria in 1989 has been found frozen in the Alps.

A man grooming the snow found Duncan MacPherson's body last week 40 km south of Tyrol, Austria. The 23-year-old had been snowboarding on the Stubaier Glacier when he disappeared.

His parents, Bob and Lynda MacPherson, will leave for Austria later in the week. The body was discovered with identification, but his mother says she has to see for herself.

"We have to see Duncan's body to be certain in our minds that it is him," said his mother.

MacPherson had been a 1984 National Hockey League first-round draft pick when he went missing. He played three pro seasons in the American Hockey League before accepting a position with Scotland's Dundee Tigers.

After his disappearance, officials told the family his rented snowboarding equipment had been returned. His parents and girlfriend spent six weeks in Europe searching for MacPherson.

But the equipment was found with the body.

His mother says they are glad to finally know what happened to their son. They hope to have an autopsy done and bring the body back to Canada.

Written by CBC News Online staff

My condolences to his family, but in a superhero universe he would have been found, and revived.

Unfortunately, I know squat about winter sports. Anyone have a suggestion of what sklls and powers could be made from hockey, snowboarding, disappearing/reappearing equiptment, and 14 years in a glacier?

Re: Sounds like an Origin to Me

Originally posted by McCoy

My condolences to his family, but in a superhero universe he would have been found, and revived.

Unfortunately, I know squat about winter sports. Anyone have a suggestion of what sklls and powers could be made from hockey, snowboarding, disappearing/reappearing equiptment, and 14 years in a glacier?

LS: Extreme Cold?

Re: Sounds like an Origin to Me

Originally posted by McCoy

Anyone have a suggestion of what sklls and powers could be made from hockey, snowboarding, disappearing/reappearing equiptment, and 14 years in a glacier?

LS: Extreme Cold, Matter surfing/skating ice and snow, ice puck energy blast (he makes the puck and smacks it with his ice hockey stick. He can sculpt non-mechanical objects out of ice (disappearing/reappearing equipment) as he needs it. Extra PD for all the damage taken on the rink, extra ED vs. Cold(/Fire?)

MA: Hockey:

Body Check, Stick Slap, punches, trip, breakfall, ma grab, shove, move-through, move-by, WE: Hockey Stick, +2 HTH Damage.

How does that sound?