Is your character religious?

hfergus

Re: Is your character religious?

Vitus has instigated mass religious riots. Does that count?

In more detail - he knows the gods are real, he worked for and against them for years now. He also gained a very significant following as The Alchemical Prophet, back on Aura, as he was sponsoring the rebirth of the god Usimagarus. His own personal dieties ranged from, originally, Alla-Tandassi-Anbar, the God of Throwing Copper, as his clan patron in the Samurian Pantheon, thro Usimagarus as part of the Prophet deal, to whoever is currently powering his divine magics. No name on that one yet, but it hasn't objected to anthing he's done lately.

Zero, on the other hand, comes out most likely as Orthodox Jew, according to this quiz over here. http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html (I like the disclaimer - " Warning: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul." )

Or rather, his mother was and he was too far under her thumb to object.

Interestingly, the most religious character I've played so far is a demon. She was raised as a human whose heritage comes from her mother's side. Her father is not terribly devout, but does attend church. He knows, but doesn't let on, about his wife's secret, and was concerned for their daughter, knowing there was a danger she might inherit her mother's darker side. So he gave her a strong moral compass to go by, brought her to church every Sunday, and gave her a cross pendant for her fourteenth birthday. Coincidentally, that's when her demon traits manifested for the first time, and now, she can't stand to be around holy symbols of any kind. She's quite depressed about not being able to go to church anymore.

Beyond that, the most religious of my characters was The Greek, who was actually in a mystical stasis underneath the city of Troy when it burned. She'd been tutored by Athena herself. When she woke up, she found the world absent of gods, with all kinds of noise and people talking funny. And she could call upon some of Athena's abilities, herself.

Some of the gods survived the long span of time, but Athena wasn't one of them. Unless you include "imbuing someone else with your potential" a form of survival. The Greek is very, very slowly turning into an avatar of Athena. She wouldn't dare think such a thing, though; that's hubris.

Void: Ticked off variant agnostic. "With what I've seen, with what's happened to me, prove that a merciful God exists. And if you manage that one, tell me where he is so I can go kick him in the -" Before being magically silenced by Darkchilde so nobody hears and takes offense.

Darkchilde: Pantheistic pagan. Her powers are based on *channelling* the powers of the Gods. One does not do such things while being an atheist.

Heatwave: Unfortunately, knows all too well that there's at least one divine-class critter out there, his powers being a gift from the Dragon for his prophesied avatar.

Huntress: She's seen critters tough enough to be called Gods, but still doesn't really believe in the whole "created the world and life" thing so much.

Outsider: His father was a Lovecraftian horror. Maybe not a god per se, but close enough that he figures they count. So, having been raised cultist, he's pretty well lapsed by now. :P

You might find Stormwalker an interesting variation.

He was concieved during Beltane, when his mother was struck by a bolt of lightning as she leapt the bonfire.

Therefore, it is known that his father must be the Thunder God.

The question is, WHICH Thunder God?

Among other things, Stormwalker was a leading authority on Storm God religions and mythology, as he studied them all trying to figure out the question of his paternity.

Aside from the family traditions his grandmother raised him with (mom was never quite right in the head after being struck by lightning....) he tries to propitite ALL the storm/weather/sky Gods he knows, because after all one of them IS his Father...

Lucius Alexander

That was before the palindromedary's time....