Alana Hayden (PEACH)

Khelendros

Re: Alana Hayden (PEACH)

Yeah some of the powers were off Margarita Man since they just seemed cool.

They not only seem cool, they are cool. They're not especially suited to play in a campaign, they're Stop-signed at multiple levels, and they're often cited by their own author as examples of munchkinism, which should be hint enough. ;)

I can lower the Int and put points into skills.

I see you've done that, and no reason not to. It does diversify the character somewhat, for mainly the same effects overall. If you had a Requires Skill Roll, or used Int as the basis for changing assignment of powers in your VPP, then an Int roll above 17- might be worthwhile, though still hard to support based on the skills of the character -- two sciences (bioengineering and computer programming) and virtually no other substantial knowledge to indicate the power of that mighty mind -- and the overall background.

What do you mean power slots?

I borrowed the term 'slot' from the other framework builds EC and Multipower: though it isn't as applicable to VPP's, it just is a handy way of refering to the example powers you listed in your build.

Also, i don't see how I was abusing disadvantages. Those came from the pretab from this site as disadvantages with write ups on them.

Better to demonstrate point by point, than to explain.

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Very Attractive (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Purple Hair (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

As others have pointed out, three DF's is at least one too many, and the definition of 'mutant' appears out of sync with the ordinary campaign disadvantage of 'requires special sense' with 'cannot be concealed'). If a mutant hunter has mutant detecting equipment or mutant-identifying agents, then you won't be hiding from them by any means. Although Very Attractive fulfills the strict definition of a Distinctive Feature, it also has or implies an advantage, which should perhaps be payed for as a perk, power or more levels in a group of skills, rather than made a disadvantage at all. Sure, it's poetic to see both edges of a blade, but.. too much is too much.

10 Hunted: Mutant haters 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

This is not so bad, except the character appears to be able to hide effectively from the mutant haters at all times, attack them without them realizing it or being able to defend from it, and if caught will by definition simply be killed, only to reincarnate at the stroke of midnight because there's no way they can know about her immortality as it's defined in the character. It seems more like a ploy to find out her enemies, mislead them into thinking she's dead, and then go after them with the knowledge gained the previous day while they're not expecting it.

10 Hunted: Professor X 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

Uh, yeah. About that. People with unlimited power and resources who are defined as having total commitment to the protection of Mutants are not so much disadvantages to mutant PC's, as Contacts, and expensive ones. There's nearly no level of interference in a PC's life by such an NPC as to be a Hunted, unless the PC is a determined Mutant hater.. and oh, look, the Mutant Haters are also listed as a Hunted, so of course Professor X will come to her rescue.

10 Physical Limitation: Allergy to cats (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
Sure. Uhm. What?! Do the cats render the character immobile, powerless or unconscious? Do they blind her, or leave her gasping for air and drowning? Doesn't she have the Psi power to fend off infinite cats without being noticed doing it?

15 Psychological Limitation: Fearless (Common, Strong)

This would be worth this much as a limitation for someone who wasn't immortal and capable of invisibly retaliating from beyond the grave.

5 Psychological Limitation: Keeps the fact she is immortal a secret (Uncommon, Moderate)

Er, this is limiting how? It seems like a merely rational course of action, which isn't worth very many points since it is totally advantageous to the character in all circumstances, isn't it?

15 Psychological Limitation: Will never break her word/promise (Common, Strong)

Sure, properly roleplayed, no problem with this one.

10 Social Limitation: Sex Object (Frequently, Minor)

Not so much a problem with this one per se, as a) duplicates the distinctive feature Very Attractive somewhat, and B) as a GM, don't want to play it, no matter what you wear to game night.

I'll work on her disadvantages and most of those I got from pretabs that seemed kinda cool. Some of them I'll keep but some I'll change based on your critique. I bumped up the amount of skills she has and now she is more fitting for her age and experience. I thought about taking away the psi powers and getting the perk Latent Psi and increasing her stats a little and having some tech weapons and defenses that she devolped. What do you think?

I see no problem with Psi or not, and no problem with however you wish to take the character.

You seem to have a solid grasp of who you want her to be as a character, and a role in mind for her in her campaign setting.

These are the important elements of a character, and all the rest is bookkeeping.

Being a mutant is a problem in this world. It's set at the same time Magneto is coming out and is based around the same time as X-men one. Shield just got set up and all that junk etc. He said it's like the Ultimate Universe which I have no clue what is since I never read the comics. Okay, well I'll stick with the Psi stuff and the Immortality. I really like her concept and background I just have to build her right. She should be fun to play. With time her powers will grow and she will be able to use more than one power out of her VPP at a time as it gets stronger so in time she could be a very strong mutant.

It is a physical condition that they cannot change or overcome. It usually ends up being rather cheap.

How is a person without the use of his legs limited if he can just pay the points for a wheelchair?

Sorry, being a mutant is usually not a disabling physical condition. It doesn't physically prevent them from doing, well anything. If it is a genetic quirk that can be detected, it's a DF. If being a mutant causes people to shun you, then it's a Social Limitation.

Being unable to walk is a Physical Limitation -- even if you have a wheelchair. You can't jump, kick, you might have reduced overall STR, and you always run the risk of losing your wheelchair, or of having to fit your wheelchair into the current space you're in. It might mean the limitation itself is reduced, but it is still a valid limitation. However, Physical Limitation "Mutant" doesn't mean anything. It doesn't physically interfere with the character's ability to interact with his world in any way, shape or form.