Any interest in an origin generator?

Radar

I've had an idea for this project for a long time and have never completed it. I've combed through a wealth of comics and Who's Whos and Handbooks, and strained out every basic archetype and the origin types connected to them in every permutation. I'm looking to cover everything, right down to motivations and supporting cast/NPCs.

This is meant mainly to be a seed generator, giving the player some ideas to flavor however suits them rather than ending up with Batman's origin and having to like it, or someone who just opts for 'mutant' because it's the easy way out.

My main question is, would there be any interest in this? If so, then that tells me whether I'm just fooling around with something for my Champs group alone, or making a neat addition to superhero roleplaying in general i.e.: submit it to Hero Games for possible publication.

Re: Any interest in an origin generator?

Kinda what I had in mind, but it may be a bit long form for that. It's early in the game for that to be a concern. Still have to iron out how random certain origin aspects should be and what the range is on certain archetypes. Make it too broad and all of a sudden 'alien martial artist with an artifact' becomes too prevalent (though that could itself turn into a neat little campaign).

I'm considering making a wiki for it so I can get feedback as well. I think it's too info heavy to post on the boards.

Guest Major Tom

The origin generator idea gets my vote. While I myself have no trouble with

coming up with origin stories for my characters, I also realize that many of

the people who play superhero-oriented RPGs haven't read the basic source

material -- namely, comic books.

Major Tom :thumbup:

The blurb for the supplement sounds pretty close to some parts of the tables I've played with so far, but most of it is focused on where your powers came from and the events that lead up to your empowerment, while also laying some seeds for possible hunteds or group affiliations.