[Race] Iron Dwarves

Corven_Ren

Just thought I would post my second racial template for review/use. These are the main form of dwarves of my campaign world of Drakikor. as with the war trolls this is just a base template to build a character on.

[b] - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
15    STR     5   15      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [3]
7    DEX     -9   7      10-       OCV 2 DCV 2
15    CON     10   15      12-
15    BODY    10   15      12-
10    INT     0   10      11-       PER Roll 11-
12    EGO     4   12      11-       ECV: 4
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
8    COM     -1   8      11-
5    PD      2   5             5 PD (3 rPD)
5    ED      2   5             5 ED (3 rED)
1    SPD     0   1                 Phases:  7
9    REC     6   9
35    END     3   35
36    STUN    5   36
4    RUN      -4   4"                END [1]
1    SWIM     -1   1"                END [1]
2    LEAP     -1   2"                2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 31[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
5     [b][i]Dwarven Eyes[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
10     [b][i]Dwarven Eyes II[/i][/b]: Detect Traps, Fresh Construction or Concealed Doors made of Stone 11- (Sight Group), Discriminatory - END=0
13     [b][i]Dwarven Stamina[/i][/b]: +10 CON (20 Active Points); Conditional Power Only to avoid being stunned (-1/2) - END=
3     [b][i]Dwarven Toughness[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (3 PD/3 ED) - END=0
5     [b][i]Dwarven Toughness II[/i][/b]: Power Defense (5 points) - END=0
2     [b][i]Long Lived[/i][/b]: LS  (Longevity: 400 Years) - END=0
4     [b][i]Magic Resistance[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, 25% (10 Active Points); Requires A CON Roll  (-3/4), Conditional Power Only Vs Magic (-1/2) - END=0
6     [b][i]Reistant to Poison[/i][/b]: LS  (Immunity: All poisons) (10 Active Points); Requires A CON Roll  (-3/4) - END=0
8     [b][i]Stubborn[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (10 points total) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 56[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
1      Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); Conditional Power Underground Only (-1)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 1[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
5     Distinctive Features:  Dwarf (Concealable with Magic; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Dour and Gruff (Common, Moderate)
20     Iron Dwarves Characteristic Maxima
15     Physical Limitation:  Short But Heavy (4-4 1/2 feet tall, 250-350lbs) (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 50[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 88

Re: [Race] Iron Dwarves

No worries; at this point I see my stuff pop up here and there fairly often. Good to know it gets used; I just like to be credited where feasible. ;)

Hey if it wasnt for the Alternate NCM machine on your sight I probably would never have gone through the process of converting my fantasy campaign world from D&D to Hero. So much kudos to you and all the work you put into your sight for helping me go completey Hero for all my gaming needs.

Ok, this is just a personal preference thing and is in no way a comment on the build, which I like, but...

When I build a race I separate things that are genetic into the template and things that are taught within the society into a cultural package. The difference being that only people that come from a Dwarf mom and dad can have the genetic template, whereas anyone raised in a dwarf settlement can learn the cultural package.

So, that being said, wouldn't the 'Dwarven Eyes II' be something that a dwarf is trained in rather than being a natural part of dwarven genes?

Im the same way -- I like to separate innate from learned abilities in Race Packages, but on the other hand some abilities can go either way. In fact, I use Dwarves specifically as the example in the Race Package discussion page on my site, under "Package Deal Variability:

Race Package Notes

So' date=' that being said, wouldn't the 'Dwarven Eyes II' be something that a dwarf is trained in rather than being a natural part of dwarven genes?[/quote']

This is one of those things that can kind of swing one way or another. While it might not be genetic...there are certain skills that are taught to children from an early age. This is something that, I believe would be taught to every dwarven child. But if a player wanted to play a dwarf who was raised by humans I would eliminate this from the package and he could spend the points elsewhere.