My Fantasy Campaign Conversion (Pet Project 2008)

Corven_Ren

Ok after much debate and hemming and hawing on my part..I have finally decide to suck it up and convert my fantasy campaing world to Hero. I have put this off for years, saying to myself "I'm just so used to D&D that I will just use Hero for everything but fantasy" I have already started by converting races. I will post them all here for your comments, suggestions and criticisms. I have already done 2 in other posts and will provide links.

War Trolls: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1494229#post1494229

Iron Dwarves: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1503332#post1503332

I do have a couple more types of dwarves and I will be converting them later. But next up for me will be Sand Elves.

I have also converted one of my major npc's and he can be found here.

Gorilla the Ogre: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61830

Re: My Fantasy Campaign Conversion (Pet Project 2008)

Ok here are my Sand Elves.

[b] - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
8    STR     -2   8      11-       HTH Damage 1 1/2d6  END [2]
15    DEX     15   15      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
12    CON     4   12      11-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
8    INT     -2   8      11-       PER Roll 14-
8    EGO     -4   8      11-       ECV: 3
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
2    PD      0   2             2 PD (0 rPD)
2    ED      0   2             2 ED (0 rED)
3    SPD     5   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
4    REC     0   4
24    END     0   24
22    STUN    0   22
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
2    LEAP     0   1 1/2"                1 1/2" forward, 0 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 20[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
9     [b][i]Elven Senses[/i][/b]: +3 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
5     [b][i]Elven Eyes[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
3     [b][i]Elven Life Span[/i][/b]: LS  (Longevity: 800 Years) - END=0
2     [b][i]Desert Creature[/i][/b]: LS  (Safe in Intense Heat) - END=0
6     [b][i]Elven Resistance[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (20 points total) (18 Active Points); Conditional Power Only vs Sleep & 'Charm' Effects (-2) [Notes: Thanks to Killer Shrike for the Modifer] - END=0
3     [b][i]Elven Mediataion[/i][/b]: Lightsleep - END=

[b]POWERS Cost: 28[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Sand Elf Characteristic Maxima
5     Distinctive Features:  (Concealable with magic; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 25[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 48

General Info: Sand Elves are native to the desert lands of Qudrastan where they live a nomadic lifestyle. They have a very rich tradtion of passing down history and legends through tales and very few of them can actually read.

Appearance: Sand Elves have a very similar appearance to their woodland kin but their skin is deeply tanned from living in the desert. Their hair tends to be sandy blonde in color and their eyes are generally amber or blue in color.

Relations: Sand Elves tend to get along well with all races, their nomadic lifestyle leads them to trade with whoever they can for what they need. Anyone who apporaches them peacfully will be offered the hospitaltiy of their tents.

Up next will be Jungle Elves

If you'd like' date=' you can store your various message board threads on the Hero Wiki. Some folk have their campaigns there (such as myself).[/quote']

That would be cool Curufea...I am just starting the conversions however...as it is most of capaign world is stuck in D&D 3.0 limbo. I havent actually run my fantasy campaign world since AD&D 2nd edition. (Due to lack of players) But have decided that while in the future I may play another system I will only run Hero.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok after a small absence here are my jungle elves base template

Ge

[b]Jungle Elf Template - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
12    STR     2   12      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [2]
15    DEX     15   15      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
12    CON     4   12      11-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
7    INT     -3   7      10-       PER Roll 14-
7    EGO     -6   7      10-       ECV: 2
12    PRE     2   12      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
7    COM     -1   7      10-
2    PD      0   2             2 PD (0 rPD)
2    ED      0   2             2 ED (0 rED)
3    SPD     5   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
4    REC     0   4
24    END     0   24
24    STUN    0   24
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
2    LEAP     0   2"                2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 22[/b]

12     [b][i]Elven Senses[/i][/b]: +4 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
5     [b][i]Elven Eyes II[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
3     [b][i]Elven Lifespan[/i][/b]: LS  (Longevity: 800 Years) - END=0
6     [b][i]Elven Resistance[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (20 points total) (19 Active Points); Only Vs Sleep & Charm Spells (-2) [Notes: Thanks to Killer Shrike for Modifiers] - END=0
12     [b][i]Magic Resistant[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Vs Arcane Magic (-1/4) [Notes: This applies to beneficial magics as well] - END=0
12     [b][i]Magic Resistat[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); VS Arcane Magic (-1/4) [Notes: This applies to benificial magics as well] - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 50[/b]

20     Jungle Elf Characteristic Maxima
5     Distinctive Features:  Heavily Tattooed (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures) [Notes: A jungle elf recieves his/her first tatoo when give an adult name at 50 years old. They then on average get on at least one new tattoo every 25 years. Some, especially warriors get them more often as battle trophies. Any jungle elf who refuses the tattoo is considered an evil spirit and put to death.]
5     Distinctive Features:  Jungle Elf (Concealable with Magic; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Distrusful of Arcane Magic & Those Who Wield It (Common, Strong)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 45[/b]

Total Character Cost: 72

neral Info/Appearance: Jungle Elves are found in the vast jungles of the kingdom of Kushar. Unlike their woodland kin, jungle elves are immensely tall with males averaging 6'3" and females 6'. They are strong and agile, but not as intelligent or fair. Their skin is a deep tan in color and their hair ranges from chestnut brown to black. Their eyes are green. All jungle elves are tattooed, getting their first at age 50 and one new one at least every 25 years after if not more often. Jungle elves, unlike other elves, are innately resistant to arcane magic and their are no wizards or sorcerers found among them.

Relations: Jungle elves are a very reclusive race, but have no hatred for any of the other known races. They do trade with the some of the smaller cities or towns in Kushar, but very rarely let any non jungle elf into their villages. They do however dislike arcane spell casters, regardless of race, as they think it is unnatural.

If you have your materials in hdc format Ill host it for you on a Contributors page like I do for Shadowcat currently (his stuff also shows up in the dynamic spells pages by name, and on the dynamic character list by genre page by name as well). As it happens I have you set up as a contributor anyway thanks to your Enforcers Inc submissions, so most of the overhead of getting a new contributor set up is already done.

If you have your materials in hdc format Ill host it for you on a Contributors page like I do for Shadowcat currently (his stuff also shows up in the dynamic spells pages by name' date=' and on the dynamic character list by genre page by name as well). As it happens I have you set up as a contributor anyway thanks to your Enforcers Inc submissions, so most of the overhead of getting a new contributor set up is already done.[/quote']

That would be cool. I could convert them to normal hdc's I just have them as hdt so you can build a character from them as a template from that race. I only have HDv2.42 though. I build them all using the alternate ncm program on your website and then add in powers and then save them as a template.

That would be cool. I could convert them to normal hdc's I just have them as hdt so you can build a character from them as a template from that race. I only have HDv2.42 though. I build them all using the alternate ncm program on your website and then add in powers and then save them as a template.

Ill take templates too.

*hint hint* buy version 3, it's much better, plus it's still getting updated! Not to mention cheap!

Ill take templates too.

Well I do believe a template for each race is connected to each post.

Ok Just some notes for my campaign world. The main continent is in which all adventures have taken place thus far is Drakikor.

Playable Races

Humans: There are four known racial varients of humans though there are no different abilities modifiers. Normal caucasian humans (no special name as of yet), Kusharian (Blacks), Qudratani (Arabian), and Imperials (Orientals.)

Dwarves: There are two playable varients of dwarves. Iron Dwarves and an as yet unnamed Oriental Dwarven race. There are also Deep Dwarves but they are a non playable race.

Elves: There are three playable elven races. Wood, Jungle & Sand. There are drow as well but they are non playable race.

Lizard Men or Ssithari: There are two varients Grey and Brown Ssithari. Grey ssithari are swamp dwellers while brown are found in the desert.

Hawkmen: Hawkmen are basically winged humans.

Lupins: Canine humanoids

Halflings: My halflings are more like the D&D 3.0/3.5 versions. Small thin and agile. There are no subraces.

War Trolls: One of the largest playable races. A magically bio engineered race.

Half Breeds: Half Elves, Half Orcs & Half Ogres are all playable races.

Other Humanoids: I do also allow the following humanoid races as pc's. Golbins, Hobgoblins, Orcs, Gnolls & Ogres.

My main focus right now is building the templates for all of these races which will all be posted in this thread.

Following some suggestions by Killer Shrik I have made some changes to both of my elf templates. Also all templates now have the starting point totals in them. KS is graciouslly hosting my races on his website.

http://www.killershrike.com/FantasyHERO/Contributions/CorvenRen/CorvenRen.aspx

(I don't have the updated versions posted yet)

Ok gang here is the base template for the Grey or Swamp Ssithari.

[b] - [/b]

15    STR     5   15      12-       HTH Damage 3d6  END [3]
7    DEX     -9   7      10-       OCV 2 DCV 2
13    CON     6   13      12-
13    BODY    6   13      12-
7    INT     -3   7      10-       PER Roll 10-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
15    PRE     5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
5    COM     -2   5      10-
3    PD      0   3             3 PD (3 rPD)
3    ED      0   3             3 ED (3 rED)
1    SPD     0   1                 Phases:  7
11    REC     10   11
26    END     0   26
28    STUN    0   28

[b]CHA Cost: 18[/b]

5     Nightvision - END=0
9     Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (34 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
5     [b][i]Tail Blow[/i][/b]: HA +2d6 (10 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) - END=1
8     [b][i]Sharp Teeth[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) (15 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) - END=1
3     [b][i]Scaley Hide[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (3 PD/3 ED) - END=0
5     [b][i]Tail[/i][/b]: Extra Limb (1) - END=0
6     [b][i]Swamp Creature[/i][/b]: Swimming +6" (8" total) - END=1
2     [b][i]Ssithari Lifespan[/i][/b]: LS  (Longevity: 400 Years) - END=0
18     [b][i]Ssithari Senses[/i][/b]: (Total: 18 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) +3 PER with Normal Smell (Real Cost: 3) [b]plus[/b] Targeting with Normal Smell (Real Cost: 10) [b]plus[/b] Discriminatory with Normal Smell (Real Cost: 5) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 61[/b]

20     Grey Ssithari Characteristic Maxima
5     Distinctive Features:  Grey Ssithari (Concealable with Magic; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
10     Physical Limitation:  Large & Heavy (7'-8' Tall, 350-500lbs) (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
4     Poor Hearing -2 Hearing PER Rolls [Notes: Courtesy Killer Shrike]
1     Poor Jumper: -1" Leaping [Notes: Courtesy Killer Shrike]

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 40[/b]

Total Character Cost: 79

Appearance: The Grey Ssithari (or Lizardman) stand between 7 & 8 feet in height and weigh between 350-500lbs. Their scales are a greyish-green in color and their eyes are a sickly yellow.

Relations: Grey Ssithari are more civilized than their desert cousins. They do not eat other intelligent races and often have open trading with nearby settlements.

General Info: Unlike other reptilian species the Grey Ssithari are not vulnerable to cold weather and they are often found colder climates that have some form of marshlands.

Notes: In my own campaing world this race is found only in the Grey Swamp that borders lake Freehold, which is in an area that regularly gets snow in the winter.

I plan on doing the Brown Ssithari and Hawkmen next