You can't move! Ha ha ha!

Vestnik

Re: You can't move! Ha ha ha!

The pure mechanic Suppress SPD' date=' pretty potent, but conceptually stretches the special effect too far except for the most four-color settings, I think.[/quote']

One applicable SFX for for a straight up Suppress SPD (or Drain SPD) which I may allow:

Synaptic Dampening (doesn't make you dumb or dull your reflexes, just your reaction time... so you may make fewer decisions, i.e. actions)

There are certainly others, but I'll have to think of them later. :)

Re: You can't move! Ha ha ha!

Synaptic Dampening.. different special effect, same broad special effect issues: wouldn't your DEX also be inhibited, movement powers, and if not STR then certainly PRE? And how would being slower of mind not be a lower INT? And would it effect aliens, AI's, shapeshifters with non-synaptic nervous systems, energy-based life forms?

While I can see where reasoning from game effects is seductive, I don't see it being seductive to GMs, other players, or in the long run to the player with the somewhat over-efficient but not entirely convincing power, after they've yawned through yet another encounter.