Dispel, not a single power but a single Adv.

lensman

Re: Dispel, not a single power but a single Adv.

Yes OP is "original poster"

Well, I can only tell you how it works in the games I play in.

For Aids, Drains and Transfers, you use heal or aid.

For Mental powers you use the power to defeat itself.

In one game a character plays a Japanese mage. The player wanted her to be able to break possession/ domination effects. The GM told the player that the character needed to buy Mind Control to break people out of possession/ dominations, because they were (normally) built as Mind Control themselves.

For Transform, you again use transform. Most likely described as: "turn back to your normal self", or something similar.

For entangles use anything that deals it damage.

For Summons, I don't actually know. Strangely I've never actually been in a situation where "unsummoning" ever came up. Now, of course killing the summoned creature will end the effect, but possibly not in the way you intended.

Do remember, Transforms (and sometimes summons) have a "back door" means of breaking them, like kissing the prince/princess, or drinking the from the "fountain of forever".

So basically I need a VPP or possibly a Multipower for all the effects I need to counter Instant, lasting effect mechanics that could possibly be used to fullfill a Curse / Enchantment / Hex / Ensorcelment SFX?

What if any limits does such a power framework get?

EDIT: Thinking of my own campaign, I could enforce a Limit on all powers falling into a SFX with

Limit: Can be Dispelled, what is that worth?

So basically I need a VPP or possibly a Multipower for all the effects I need to counter Instant, lasting effect mechanics that could possibly be used to fullfill a Curse / Enchantment / Hex / Ensorcelment SFX?

Possibly. Depends on if your GM will go for your Edit (below). However, the Dispel will work just fine for what you actually asked it to work for: Dispelling Uncontrolled Powers.

Probably none if a Multipower. Limited Powers if a VPP, since you can only use powers that break or reverse enchantments and curses, etc.

EDIT: Thinking of my own campaign, I could enforce a Limit on all powers falling into a SFX with

In general, I'd call it a -1/4. For Entangles, some form of Vulnerability Limitation might be appropriate. For Transforms, I generally just say that one of the healing conditions is, "Being exceeded in active points by an appropriate Dispel", so no Limitation.

Yes OP is "original poster"

Well, I can only tell you how it works in the games I play in.

For Aids, Drains and Transfers, you use heal or aid.

For Mental powers you use the power to defeat itself.

In one game a character plays a Japanese mage. The player wanted her to be able to break possession/ domination effects. The GM told the player that the character needed to buy Mind Control to break people out of possession/ dominations, because they were (normally) built as Mind Control themselves.

For Transform, you again use transform. Most likely described as: "turn back to your normal self", or something similar.

For entangles use anything that deals it damage.

For Summons, I don't actually know. Strangely I've never actually been in a situation where "unsummoning" ever came up. Now, of course killing the summoned creature will end the effect, but possibly not in the way you intended.

Do remember, Transforms (and sometimes summons) have a "back door" means of breaking them, like kissing the prince/princess, or drinking the from the "fountain of forever".

In any magic system (as opposed to a superhero system where there might be several), I like to build spells in categories, so that they have common features, and one of the common features (represented by limitations) of curses is that a 'dispel curse' removes the curse, even if it normally couldn't (because the curse is built with an instant effect, for instance). This makes much more sense than having to build half a dozen counter curses simply because the system uses half a dozen different ways to build a curse effect.

BTW You can dispel a summons - that is a specific rule in the book.

Even built this way, it is not necessarily obvious what mechanical construct created the curse, so you might have to try several different counters before you hit on one that works (and you may never hit on one that works for transforms, which can't necessarily be simply 'healed' but might require an esoteric action). If you like the idea of a character doing this, fine. If I were you though, I'd buy a sense that enabled you to detect the sort of magic used in the curse so that using the correct counter curse is more straightforward.