A New Dawn. 'Post-Apocalyptic' Fantasy

Shadowsoul

Re: A New Dawn. 'Post-Apocalyptic' Fantasy

Okay Shadowsoul here's Zarathos' War From...I'm still working on his Human form.

Zarathos - War Form

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

12 INT 2 11- PER Roll 11-/14-

15 EGO 10 12- ECV: 5

30 PRE 10 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

6 COM -2 10-

5/8 PD 0 Total: 5/8 PD (0/3 rPD)

4/7 ED 0 Total: 4/7 ED (0/3 rED)

3 SPD 0 Phases: 4, 8, 12

9 REC 0

40 END 0

46 STUN 3 Total Characteristic Cost: 108

Movement: Running: 12"/24"

Leaping: 5"/10"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Attacks of the Wolf

15 1) Claws: HKA vs PD 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) 1

25 2) Bite: HKA vs PD 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) 2

Senses of the Wolf

5 1) Eyes of the Wolf: Nightvision

10 2) Nose of the Wolf: Tracking with Smell/Taste Group

12 3) Heightened Senses: +3 PER with Smell/Taste Group and Hearing Group

17 Gifts of the Beastmasters: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (56 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage Damage Done By Silver Or Holy Damage (-1/2)

4 Howl of the Werewolf: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Very Common Circumstances (Only For Presence Attacks; -1), Incantations (-1/4)

12 Legs of the Wolf: Running +6" (12" total) 1

1 Pure Breed: LS (Longevity: 200 Years)

9 Dense Hide: Armor (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

10 Been Lots of Different Places: Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Mountain, Urban) 11-

10 Master of Battle: +2 with HTH Combat

3 Climbing 13-

3 Stalking His Prey: Shadowing 11-

3 The Way Of The Pack: Teamwork 13-

3 Master Of The Hunt: Stealth 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 142

Total Cost: 250

150+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Werewolf War Form (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: New Dawn Council 14- (Mo Pow, Watching)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Silver (Common)

10 Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Addicted to the Hunt (Common, Strong)

25 Enraged: When He Draws Blood (Common), go 14-, recover 11-

Total Disadvantage Points: 100

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems here.

Although perhaps he isn't quite dangerous enough now. Do you fancy putting another five points into the Multiform to make him that much nastier? 25 points worth of extra CSLs, Speed, Strength and possibly killing attack upgrades should do the trick. Or a few martial manouevres perhaps.

You can buy 3 point CSLs in 'Natural Weapons' (Claws and Teeth) btw.

Shadowsoul, I'm going to "tweak" my build a bit - nothing major, but I do think I might need a bit more in the way or PRE (or at least the way I'm handling it). And his name doesn't seem to fit, the way it sounds - I'll post the revisions later today

And I am now open to character submissions from anyone.

I noticed in the player finder thread it said you had three place left....does this mean that those of us who have submited characters here are already in?

I noticed in the player finder thread it said you had three place left....does this mean that those of us who have submited characters here are already in?

Yep. As I noted a while back those posters who had already discussed characters with me got a 'reserved seat' in the campaign which would expire today if unconfirmed. All four of those people confirmed that they were interested before today and got in. That includes you of course.

Ok cool..one more question before I post the modified war form. I know you nixed the MP. I was thinking thoug maybe I could put all of his wolf stuff(attacks, regeneration, movement etc..) into an EC...with your permission of course. WHat do you think?

In working on my character tweak (which has gotten into a bit more than that), I remembered some questions I wanted to ask:

1. What constitutes a "Human" class of minds for this game, vs. an "Alien" class? I need to know if that EGO attack is going to work on a vampire or a demon or what have you after all :D

2. How tall on the average are Strell? I assume they are rather light for their height, but...are they compact or long and lanky?

In working on my character tweak (which has gotten into a bit more than that), I remembered some questions I wanted to ask:

1. What constitutes a "Human" class of minds for this game, vs. an "Alien" class? I need to know if that EGO attack is going to work on a vampire or a demon or what have you after all :D

2. How tall on the average are Strell? I assume they are rather light for their height, but...are they compact or long and lanky?

1. 'Human' is a thing of inches and degrees. Any of the five Player Races count as human minds. As do the Accursed as a rule. Certain minds may give you a kind of circumstances penalty because they are particularly strange, an ancient vampire or a raging werewolf for example.

True demons count as alien minds. Some ghosts do as well. And certain mutants have gone so far beyond human that they can't even recognise it anymore.

2. Strell tend to stand around five feet in height.

OK, the tweaking turned into a bit more than that, but I think the whole fits together better now. I've also changed his name - Kip will do for short :)

Let me know if I've overstepped any bounds. I kind of took the liberty of using the "head gems" as a means of focusing his powers so that everything is an OIF, but one gem per multipower seemed kind of appealing.

You've got quite a menagerie goin' on there. How about someone a little more vanilla to fill out the ranks? :D

(I don't have time to write much ATM, but I might fill out his background a bit more when I get home. There's a few blank spots in his skill list and his background for the GM to help me with -- I'm not sure what would be a good former-kingdom for him to have hailed from, and I have no idea what languages might be spoken).

What do you think, sirs? :)

I for one would welcome a good swordsman into the ranks :)

Oooh, and someone has been playing Herohawk, er, Greyhero, er...:D

I confess, I really do love the Greyhawk map/setting....

Whoops! I meant to put Helene in there. Don't know why I was thinking Heironymous for his martial arts -- must be the similar portfolios (yeah, I've always liked Greyhawk too, can you tell?). :o

Ok cool..one more question before I post the modified war form. I know you nixed the MP. I was thinking thoug maybe I could put all of his wolf stuff(attacks' date=' regeneration, movement etc..) into an EC...with your permission of course. WHat do you think?[/quote']

Werewolf powers are supposed to be inherent really, rather than something you control, all supernaturals get one thing to improve their efficiency, either a multipower, elemental control, unusual abilities or multiform. If you want though you can put an elemental control in and I'll have a look at it, see if it'll make you overpowered compared to the others. After all one balance issue with werebeasts is that they have to pay points for things like killing attacks that other people get for free in the form of equipment.

I'll be able to make better judgements when I get a look at Bluejogger's write up as he should be using another combat monster.

OK, the tweaking turned into a bit more than that, but I think the whole fits together better now. I've also changed his name - Kip will do for short :)

Let me know if I've overstepped any bounds. I kind of took the liberty of using the "head gems" as a means of focusing his powers so that everything is an OIF, but one gem per multipower seemed kind of appealing.

Mostly looks ok.

In terms of background however. Not sure where the link is between Aura of Power and Neural Manipulation. Is he forcing himself to give off terror causing pheromones or something? I'm not saying get rid of it, just explain it to me. :confused:

As for the gems, you can use them as well. But I do want a background story explaining how lumps of pretty stone focus psychic abilities. I can give you some ideas if you're struggling with that. Note that psychic powers are considered a type of magic but do not tend to mix with normal sorcery, so you can't just have a normal artificer or mage create a psychic focus for you.

Have fun. :)

You've got quite a menagerie goin' on there. How about someone a little more vanilla to fill out the ranks? :D

(I don't have time to write much ATM, but I might fill out his background a bit more when I get home. There's a few blank spots in his skill list and his background for the GM to help me with -- I'm not sure what would be a good former-kingdom for him to have hailed from, and I have no idea what languages might be spoken).

What do you think, sirs? :)

A good start. :thumbup:

Just needs some tweaking to make it fit into the setting. If I'd set out all the professions together in a nice tidy list rather than this rambling month's long conversation then there probably wouldn't be any problems at all. Oh well. :rolleyes:

You're playing a Templar I take it. Templars work like Paladins to some extent but all there abilities require foci in the form of consecrated items. A blessed sword for Deadly Blow for example or a sacred talisman for a presence aura, weapon of opportunitt. You can put your Templar abilities into a multipower or elemental control if you wish.

As for languages. We have no Elves here. The official tongue of the Eldren is Ascarian, it's nearly a dead language these days but it might not hurt to be able to translate what a mage is muttering under his breath. I'll get round to posting a full list of languages before we get started properly but for now here are a few possibilities.

Pidgin. A kind of trade tongue which I've mentioned before, you'll want to know that for talking to nomads and other wanderers.

Enochian. The language of Gods and Celestials.

Vordir. Language of a realm near to Kmer, still reasonably common in that area.

Serianask. Language of another dead nation which was much farther from Kmer but ruled a large empire and so remains in reasonably common usage.

The Whisper. An artificial language developed by the Vampire Clans as a way of communicating secretively. There are other Vampire languages but this is the most common.

We have a problem with background as well I'm afraid. The last human king perished with the last human kingdom around 100 years ago. The last of Helene's Templar Strongholds was destroyed by Vampires around 90 years ago.

You could be descended from a line of kings if you wish. But unless these kings had unusual abilities of some kind not many people are likely to care these days, although a few dark mages might like some royal blood for certain rituals. In this case you would have been trained by the Third Militant Order as they traveled across the land in search of new foes to destroy.

If you really want to be the son of a fallen king however then there are a few ways that you could have lived since the time of the fall.

You could simply be an Eldren prince, with a lifespan of 800 years you could easily have learnt at a temple, seen your father die and carried on into the present day.

You could be a mutant who just gained a long lifespan rather than mind powers or an extra limb etc.

Alternatively there was a Khymrian king called Vobos who was descended from the God Kirael. In the final battle for Kmer Vobos was possessed by his ancestor and together they battled a horde of Beastmasters and there Werebeast followers. In the end they were torn to pieces but not before killing the Master of Snakes, the Mistress of Wolves and the Master of Eagles. Kirael's soul now rests in the underworld with most of the rest of the old pantheon but Vobos could have living descendants. These descendants, being of divine lineage, could take a level or two of Longevity. If you did decide to play a descendant of Vobos then some villains would be most concerned to put an end to you if only to make absolutely sure that Kirael isn't coming back. (You could still worship Helene btw).

One more thing, you seem to have gone 5 points over the limit, can you fix that please?

So, is any of this making sense?

Whoops. That PRE attack wasn't supposed to be in there at all - I uploaded my "what if" file. I finally decided that a big Gandalf-level aura just didn't fit this guy at all.

As for the gems, I see them as something made by him as part of creating each multipower reserve. Every Strell Psychic will have something similar (it needn't be a gem, though those are common - just something made by them and intensely personal that they graft into their own bodies). The process is long, painful, and personal, but provides a bonded focus that they use to focus their magical abilities. The ability to do this requires rolls on PS:Psychic Mage and KS:Mind Magic to accomplish.

Once the foci are bonded, the mage can begin to learn how to manipulate the latent power that goes along with them (e.g. bonding the gem or what have you creates the multipower reserve, and then the mage can begin to learn the slots).

Ah yes, this fits much better in terms of background.

It is concievable that a small and isolated monastery or shrine could have survived the fall.

However, see above for some of my thoughts on your powers, languages etc.

BTW. With the old society a broken shadow of it's former glory being a knight or a nobleman confers no benefit. Law comes from the point of a sword and everyone has the right to bear arms until said arms are removed from them through violence. Being a Templar is worth a fringe benefit however as some people still respect the tales of the Military Orders.

Whoops. That PRE attack wasn't supposed to be in there at all - I uploaded my "what if" file. I finally decided that a big Gandalf-level aura just didn't fit this guy at all.

As for the gems, I see them as something made by him as part of creating each multipower reserve. Every Strell Psychic will have something similar (it needn't be a gem, though those are common - just something made by them and intensely personal that they graft into their own bodies). The process is long, painful, and personal, but provides a bonded focus that they use to focus their magical abilities. The ability to do this requires rolls on PS:Psychic Mage and KS:Mind Magic to accomplish.

Once the foci are bonded, the mage can begin to learn how to manipulate the latent power that goes along with them (e.g. bonding the gem or what have you creates the multipower reserve, and then the mage can begin to learn the slots).

Ok then. BTW. I've seen your character quote now. You've got rep coming once I've spread enough of it around.

Ah yes' date=' this fits much better in terms of background. [/quote']

Updated with your suggestions added in. Let me know if you need further modifications. :)

What are your rules about buying powers later in the game? Like right now, he doesn't have Longevity, but I could see that coming up later as he learns of his divine heritage...