another EC question

I am building another 20 point EC based on ice powers. I want to be able to freeze people/things solid. I decided that a major transform was the best way to go. My question lies on how to pay the points in an EC. I will add a limitation of healing normal body every 6 hours which I believe to be a -1 Lim.

How do I figure out the real points?

Re: another EC question

I am building another 20 point EC based on ice powers. I want to be able to freeze people/things solid. I decided that a major transform was the best way to go. My question lies on how to pay the points in an EC. I will add a limitation of healing normal body every 6 hours which I believe to be a -1 Lim.

How do I figure out the real points?

Er...a 20 point EC might mean that you have 20 points in the EC pool and therefore 20+ points in each slot. If so:

20 Ice EC

25 3d6 Transform: Freeze solid (45 active points)

.. Next slot etc

If I am understanding the question correctly, first calculate the Base Cost and Active Cost as normal. Next subtract the EC Bonus from the Active Cost (remember the Active cost must be at least twice the size of the EC Bonus). Apply the Limitations to the new modified value to calculate Real Cost. Basically (Active Cost - EC Bonus)/(1+Limitations).

I hope this helps.

Imma BigsTupid,

I wanted to peg it @ a 5d6 Major Transform. That puts the active points @ 75. Heres how I did it: Subtract the base cost from the active point cost (75-20=55). Now apply the limitation Rapid Recovery (BOD every 6 hours) -1. That should make it 27 real points which is what the slot now costs, aye?

Imma BigsTupid,

I wanted to peg it @ a 5d6 Major Transform. That puts the active points @ 75. Heres how I did it: Subtract the base cost from the active point cost (75-20=55). Now apply the limitation Rapid Recovery (BOD every 6 hours) -1. That should make it 27 real points which is what the slot now costs, aye?

Yup.