Lyonesse?

name_tamer

Back in 4e Kingdom of Champions, we were treated to Lyonesse, which was a sort of pseduo-mystical (actually, IIRC, technology-based) "hidden land" off the coast of Britain.

With the revamp of the HERO games website, we now have a Champions Universe Database, a portion of which is dedicated to Places and Things. Lyonesse appears in this database, with the following description: "An extra-dimensional/underwater mystic realm located off the coast of Europe, home to (among others) the fiendish Fomorians." I recognize all of the places and things on the database as appearing in 5th Edition, except I don't recall seeing Lyonesse in any 5e materials. I also searched Ghost-Angel's index and didn't find anything about Lyonesse there.

Is this a hint of things to come, or was there an error in compiling the CU Database?

Re: Lyonesse?

IIRC Steve Long mentioned in a recent chat that he was thinking of doing something with Lyonesse for a future Champions book. However, AFAIK nothing about Lyonesse has previously been mentioned in any Fifth Edition source. It's possible that this is the result of input from Cryptic Studios, although I have no evidence of that.

Personally I'd love to see Lyonesse make a comeback, as I considered it and its related extra-dimensional realms to have a lot of potential. The description you quote mentions several features of the 4E Lyonesse from Kingdom Of Champions; and we still have the Progenitors, the principle origin for the Champions Universe version of it, in current continuity. Mind you, Steve Long might have to reconcile Lyonesse with Hero's "Tuala Morn" fantasy setting.

I'd love to have a 5E in-continuity incarnation of my favorite 4E NPC hero, Nuada of the Silver Hand.