Damage Resistance

Hello,

Just a quick question, becuase I can't remember. Does Damage Resistance for normal defense help in the stun from killing. I assume not but then again I wasn't sure.

Thank you in adavance

La Rose

Edit: By Resistance I mean Reduction.

Re: Damage Resistance

It works just like Armor, basically. Resistant Defenses apply against the Body of Killing Attacks, but the entire defense (provided any of it is resistant) applies against the Stun of killing attacks.

10PD/10ED with 5PD/ED resistant works the same, regardless if it's bought as:

10PD and 10 ED with 5pts Damage Resistance

or

5PD/5ED base with +5PD/ED Armor

Hello,

Just a quick question, becuase I can't remember. Does Damage Resistance for normal defense help in the stun from killing. I assume not but then again I wasn't sure.

Thank you in adavance

La Rose

oops I see my mistake now that it isn't so late. I ment Damage reduction nor resistance. If I buy 50% damage reduction PD normal, Would that assist me vs the stun of killing attack? I wasn't sure if it did or didn't.

Sorry for the mix up.

la Rose

oops I see my mistake now that it isn't so late. I ment Damage reduction nor resistance. If I buy 50% damage reduction PD normal, Would that assist me vs the stun of killing attack? I wasn't sure if it did or didn't.

Sorry for the mix up.

la Rose

Normal Damage Reduction doesn't work against either the STUN or the BODY done by Killing Attacks. You have to buy Resistant Damage Reduction for that.

Unless you take a imitation' date=' Damage Reduction works against Body and Stun from any applicable source (including Drains, AVLDS and NNDs)[/quote']

I'm reasonably certain that Damage Reduction doesn't affect Drains, even Stun and Body Drains, but am AFB right now. Can someone verify?

Well, if you bought it as DR vs those effects rather than vs PD or ED then it would work against the drain. You also can't stack them. If two or more DR's might have applied to the attack, then the player chooses which one of them applies to that attack.

I'm reasonably certain that Damage Reduction doesn't affect Drains' date=' even Stun and Body Drains, but am AFB right now. Can someone verify?[/quote']

According to the rulebook description of Damage Reduction, "Normal Damage Reduction acts against Normal, AVLD, and NND attacks. Resistant Damage Reduction afects Normal, AVLD, NND, Drain STUN or Drain BODY (but not other types of Drain), Killing Attacks, and any other type of damage which the GM allows it to affect."

According to the rulebook description of Damage Reduction' date=' "Normal Damage Reduction acts against Normal, AVLD, and NND attacks. Resistant Damage Reduction afects Normal, AVLD, NND, Drain STUN or Drain BODY (but not other types of Drain), Killing Attacks, and any other type of damage which the GM allows it to affect."[/quote']

Seriously? Damage Redux affects Drains now? WTF?