Time travel in the Marvel Universe

teh bunneh

Re: Time travel in the Marvel Universe

Read "Avengers Forever", they go through a pretty lengthy discussion of time travel in the Marvel U. Gets somewhat complicated, especially when dealing with Kang's battling Immortus and Rama Tut, constantly trying to change his own future to keep himself from becoming Immortus. Not to mention him creating the "Council of Kangs" or whatever so that he could assassinate every alternate version of himself.

And according to that arc, Rick Jones has the "Destiny Force", which allowed him to pull different Avengers from different point in time to the present. Not sure if that has/could allow him to travel through time himself, but it allows him to enable others to. Also, the Time Keepers are born at the end of time so that they can watch over the myriad time streams and protect them.

Hmmm' date=' digging through some old memories, but I believe Illyana's mutant power [b']was[/b] her stepping disks, and they allowed time travel as well as geographic displacement -- but I'm not sure if it was related to the fact they seemed to involve a sidetrip through Limbo or not...

As always, that depends on who was writing her at any given time. Most of the time that I read anything with her, the stepping disks allowed her to travel to any time/place in Limbo, and than out again. So all trips had to go through Limbo. I would not be surprised if some stories did not have her traveling through Limbo.

http://www.blogography.com/photos17/EssentialDazzler.jpg

There's the link that Egyptoid got pwned on.

Wasn't there some thing where the Avengers got sent back in time to the old West? And didn't one of the old gunslingers get brought back to the present time? I seem to recall reading about something like this, but not much in the way of real detail.

Two Gun kid came to the present but managed to go back right around the time of the Korvac saga.