I've joined the ranks...

Nolgroth

• 3 months later...

Re: I've joined the ranks...

*Bump*

How goes gaming with your kids, Nolgroth?

The kids asked to go back to public school this year as a "try out." Since I only have Thursdays off, we have suspended the game until next summer. If I can ever convince my boss to give me weekends off, I will resume earlier than that.

Thanks for asking though. :)

Nothing at all wrong with dungeon crawls, personally I think they are pointlessly and mindlessly opposed as being too boring and typical. We're not writing Shakespeare here, do what's fun and you have ideas for. Dungeon crawls can be a blast - and given the massive trend against them for years in RPGs, I think they are actually fresh and can be very original and unique, still.

Nothing at all wrong with dungeon crawls' date=' personally I think they are pointlessly and mindlessly opposed as being too boring and typical. We're not writing Shakespeare here, do what's fun and you have ideas for. Dungeon crawls can be a blast - and given the massive trend against them for years in RPGs, I think they are actually fresh and can be very original and unique, still.[/quote']I've had a lot of fun with dungeon crawls. The first time I actually got to play through Temple of Elemental Evil was an absolute hoot. I've played in a lot of dungeons over the years, but that one was the most fun I think.

In the specific case of my children, everything is sort of fresh. Dungeon crawls are just easy to manage and present so it is a prime venue for me to use.

RE Dungeon Crawls, for my Fantacy Game I have been using "In Search of Adventure" a old anthology for D&D that I converted over to Hero. I bought it online for about $5 as a pdf (RPG NOW), and should provide me with about 7-10 sessions...Can't complain about that...

I have so many D&D adventure modules sitting on the shelf that I could plot and plan an entire campaign from combining them. That doesn't even count the Dungeon magazines that are also sitting over there.

If I had my druthers, if I were to go that route, I'd start with Under Illefarn and move onwards from there. I may just convert the characters (NPCs) over one day.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. Nolgroth, it seems like you have a great thing going here.

I think my nieces are too young yet (8, 6 and 2), but I also think that a "magical girl" campaign based on the Barbie videos they watch might be a good idea in a couple of years' time.