Questions concerning Massacre (HD)

LREggers

Okay, so you've downloaded a copy of Massacre from the Hero Designer collection of characters. Great! Now yer ready to kick some serious hero tail, but what's this...2 teleport powers? Who on Earth needs TWO teleport powers??

This is THE definitive place to get answers to all your questions about Massacre (the character)...directly from the guy who created him. So fellow adventurers, ask your questions about Massacre, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Re: Questions concerning Massacre (HD)

If I hadn't repped you already, I'd do so now. Thank you.

Why don't you talk to us about Massacre, hm? Some of us don't download everything that gets uploaded.

Heck, I'd forgotten that you COULD upload characters to some sort of general database...

Okay, so you've downloaded a copy of Massacre from the Hero Designer collection of characters. Great! Now yer ready to kick some serious hero tail, but what's this...2 teleport powers? Who on Earth needs TWO teleport powers??

This is THE definitive place to get answers to all your questions about Massacre (the character)...directly from the guy who created him. So fellow adventurers, ask your questions about Massacre, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

So, do you not know why you gave him two teleport powers or are you hoping/assuming this will create interest for you and your character? :confused:

So' date=' do you not know why you gave him two teleport powers or are you hoping/assuming this will create interest for you and your character? :confused:[/quote']

Oh yes, I *DO* know why I gave him 2 teleport powers, and yes, I was hoping that some interest might be generated among those who had downloaded him.

Well, in a (largish) nutshell...

I had originally constructed Massacre about 20-some odd years ago under the name of Devastator using Revised 1st ed rules. Over the years, he's gone through upgrades & alterations in background. He's basically designed around the concept of a robotic soldier from the future that can take a pounding, and give a pounding, as well as infiltrating nearly any military agency (via computer or in person) to get whatever he wanted.

Shouldn't those two teleport powers be explained in the character's description section of the sheet?

I never liked it when official writeups left that kind of info off. Seems like bad form not to describe the effects of the powers in a reason from effect system.

Yes, I s'pose I should go back & update some of the info...when schedule allows. However, I hadn't originally planned to upload him to the Hero Designer character dbase. Still, that's no excuse for leaving out vital info.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Pattern Ghost viewpost.gif

Shouldn't those two teleport powers be explained in the character's description section of the sheet?

I never liked it when official writeups left that kind of info off. Seems like bad form not to describe the effects of the powers in a reason from effect system.

Yes' date=' I s'pose I should go back & update some of the info...when schedule allows. However, I hadn't originally planned to upload him to the Hero Designer character dbase. Still, that's no excuse for leaving out vital info.[/quote']

As of 2 July 2008, Massacre has been revised & u/l'd to the Hero Designer character database. How you use him is up to you.