Jedi

Angelalex242

Yes, I'm sure there's been a thousand questions on this already, but I'll try not to waste too much of your time. If somebody could point me to a list where people already stated out most of the Star Was Characters, it'd be good enough for me.

I figure it's been done enough times that I shouldn't have any trouble just getting a link.

Re: Jedi

Yes, I'm sure there's been a thousand questions on this already, but I'll try not to waste too much of your time. If somebody could point me to a list where people already stated out most of the Star Was Characters, it'd be good enough for me.

I figure it's been done enough times that I shouldn't have any trouble just getting a link.

You can try this thread, which links to just about every Star HERO project out there. Just scroll down to Star Wars and you should find what you are looking for.

Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but I'm not finding actual character writeups.

Like:

This is Mace windu's sheet.

This is Yoda's sheet.

This is Obi-Wan's sheet

This is Luke's Sheet (ESB)

This is Luke's sheet (ROTJ)

This is Luke's Sheet (ABY 40)

This is Darth Maul's sheet

This is Count Dooku's sheet

This is Darth Sidious's sheet

The only ones I've found are Vader, Han, and Leia (ROTJ)

Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but I'm not finding actual character writeups.

Like:

This is Yoda's sheet.

This is Obi-Wan's sheet

Oh. I thought you were looking for rules on writing up Jedi. In your case, I doubt anybody has done all that. Good luck.

Well first we'd have to establish a baseline. What is the "average" Jedi CV. 5, 6, 7?

Let's go with 6. That gives the whole Jedi reflexes thing and still allows for a bunch of clone troopers to take down most of the Jedi. Adjust as you see fit.

So we have Dex 18, CV 6 base. I consider Jedi sabre styles a form of Martial Art, so say the "average" Jedi has 2-3 Levels with Lightsabre Martial Arts.

With those two presumptions, we have to look back at what we know about the series. Let's start with Luke. In ESB, he had barely begun to learn his saber techniques. He had all sorts of raw talent, but not a lot of skill. Vader was clearly the superior fighter. I would say go with default CV of 6 and a basic package of Martial Arts maneuvers. Final CV: 6.

Later, in RotJ, Luke had acquired more skill with the saber, so I would put it at the "default" Jedi level. Maybe 3 additional levels. He was a match for Vader, but just barely and only with the help of the Dark Side driving him onward. Final CV: 9

By ABY 40 (After Battle of Yavin?) I would say that Luke has aged and lost some of his natural CV. His technique would make up for it, so I would say he is still around the CV 10-11 (after CSLs) range. His Martial Arts maneuvers and knowledge of the Force would be his greatest assets during this time. Final CV: 10 -11

Yoda was next and apparently of some fame when it came to wielding a lightsabre. I would give him a natural CV of 7 - 8 (Dex 21 -24). He is also skilled with a fast striking style which would be built as high OCV bonus, near standard damage attacks. I'd say give him 4 skill levels with Lightsabre combat, putting him firmly around the 11-12 CV range. Final CV: 11-12 plus High OCV Martial Maneuvers

Yoda during his later years was getting even more stiff than during the prequels. I don't doubt he could have summoned up the ability to fight, but I would imagine his natural CV dropping down to 5-6. Final CV: 9-10.

Mace Windu, as I recall, was sort of the paragon of lightsabre combat during his age. I would give him the base CV of 6, but I would also give him a whole lot of CSLs to make him equal or better than Yoda. I'm thinking that he had somewhere around 7-8 Lightsabre combat skill levels. (Sadly, they didn't take time to dress up his combat with CGI effects so he "appears" to be slower than even Dooku. Even still Samuel L. Jackson did a fantastic job.) Final CV: 13-14

Obi-wan should have been the Chosen One. Honestly, I think his choreography demonstrated that he was Mace Windu's logical successor. He even beat the so-called Chosen One in what was a very tight contest. I would give him more natural talent, say CV 7, plus 4 skill levels. Obi-wan was one of the few Jedi that seemed to take his training beyond lightsabers, so I might even make those 4 Skill Levels in HtH combat rather than just lightsabre combat. Final CV: 11.

He lost none of his skill with age, but alas, the body withers and fails. By ANH, I'd say his natural CV was down to 4 or 5. He probably even gained a skill level or two, but being out of practice seems to have dulled his technique so probably not. Final CV: 8-9.

Darth Maul was quick and powerful, capable of taking on a trained Jedi and his (almost ready for knighthood) Padawan. I would easily place his natural CV around 7 or 8 and he had plenty of skill levels. If it wasn't for the Surprise Maneuver that Obi-wan pulled off (love that OCV bonus) then Maul would have added two Jedi to his trophy list. Thinking he has 5 levels. Final CV: 12-13.

Dooku was a good fighter, but he just wasn't in the league of the younger faster breed. He got the jump on Obi-wan and Anakin once, but that was as much strategy as pure skill. In the later combat, Anakin smoked him with almost pathetic ease. I'd say natural CV is 4 with the 4 CSLs in Lightsabre combat. Final CV: 8

Darth Sidious is a puzzler. He demonstrated the ability to take out two trained Jedi rather quickly, but was apparently no match for Mace Windu. That's assuming that he did not "give it" to Mace in order to continue on with his seduction of Anakin to the Dark Side. On the assumption that the movie played it at face value and Mace had beaten Sidious, I would give him a natural CV of 6 and 7-8 CSLs with Lightsabre. Final CV: 13-14

Anakin Skywalker is roughly equal to Obi-wan. My personal thought is that Anakin has slightly more natural talent with a natural CV of 8 and slightly less skill; 3 CSLs in this case. Final CV: 11

Darth Vader as of ANH is suffering from the same aging as Obi-wan, though to a lesser extent. I would say his natural CV drops to about 6, add another 2 CSLs. Final CV: 11

Final Notes

Whenever I build something without campaign guidelines to act as a benchmark, I base everything against the CV 3 Joe Normal guy. Along with raw natural talent, martial arts and skill levels, Jedi can call upon the Force to aid them. I imagine that could make for some interesting combinations of things

These are my interpretations of the filmed Jedi during the two series. They may not match what anybody else thinks. I'd be more than happy to see what others think about it.

Like:

This is Yoda's sheet.

This is Obi-Wan's sheet

I have a Daarth Vader on my website.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/starwars/darthvader.html

That one?

You've got impressive lists of characters, but the Final Fantasy ones need to be updated. Cloud isn't even 200 points.

Incidentally, Nolgroth agreed with you...you had Vader at CV 11, and so did he. You just had him Dex 21/+4 skill levels.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsmovie/starwars/darthvader.html

That one?

You've got impressive lists of characters, but the Final Fantasy ones need to be updated. Cloud isn't even 200 points.

Incidentally, Nolgroth agreed with you...you had Vader at CV 11, and so did he. You just had him Dex 21/+4 skill levels.

Yes.

As for the FF characters, I didn't do the character sheets. I also have never played any FF games, so I'm not even going to attempt my own versions of the characters. If someone else wants to try (and send them to me), that's fine by me!

Incidentally' date=' Nolgroth agreed with you...you had Vader at CV 11, and so did he. You just had him Dex 21/+4 skill levels.[/quote']Hey that's cool. I just imagined where a good baseline would be, a theoretical maximum and adjusted from there. Nice to see my range is consistent with somebody else. That it is a character making machine like Susano is even better.

Of course, I do not have any actual character sheets going for these guys. ;)

If the goal is to "re-play" the prequel trilogy (so, for example, it makes more sense), then +eleventy.

:)

I think that knowing a benchmark would help a perspective GM build for his campaign. It is pretty easy to visualize the power level of the actors on screen and spice it up with some written material. Knowing that Mace Windu is the kick-butt, lightsabre-swinging fool that he is, you can build an NPC that would fit into his niche.

And I would rather pick up about a hundred years after the establishment of the New Republic myself. All the original characters are dead or so old as to be dead. Wide open territory there.

• 2 weeks later...

So' date=' what do we think their SPD might be? Half their CVs, or there abouts? Maybe adjust up or down in some cases?[/quote']

I would lower the dexes goiven above by about 3 points, speed should be 3-4 but in the Jedi Tricks MP/VPP I would allow extra points of both

I would say an average speed of 5, with some being 4 and some being 6. Then again, I don't really like super high Speed scores.

Luke, ESB: 4

Luke, RotJ: 5

Obi-wan, Prequels: 5

Obi-wan, ANH: 4

Anakin/Vader: 5

Yoda, Prequels: 6

Yoda, OT: ? (I'd guess 4, but we never got to see him fight)

Darth Maul: 5 (I'd be inclined to say 6, but that is probably because I think he was undersold as a long-term baddie.)

Count Dooku: 4

Mace Windu: 6

Darth Sidious: 6

Joe Average Jedi: 4

My opinion again, of course. There would also probably be Force powers that increased the overall Speed or maybe relative DEX of the Force user.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought these values gave Dooku a bum rap. He's a Form II Makashi style fencer. And he certainly did alright for himself in Ep II, and even in EP III, he dealt with Kenobi fast enough. It started Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku, and Obi-Wan got pwned quickly, leaving Anakin vs. Dooku in single combat.

I've always thought these values gave Dooku a bum rap. He's a Form II Makashi style fencer. And he certainly did alright for himself in Ep II' date=' and even in EP III, he dealt with Kenobi fast enough. It started Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku, and Obi-Wan got pwned quickly, leaving Anakin vs. Dooku in single combat.[/quote']Whereas I see Dooku as more of strategist that uses surprise maneuvers and superior tactics to outmatch better swordsmen. Your mileage may vary.

Whereas I see Dooku as more of strategist that uses surprise maneuvers and superior tactics to outmatch better swordsmen. Your mileage may vary.

And I see a game named "Dooku." I mean, c'mon, what sort of name is that?

I see the speeds not going above 4 normally, but, if channeling the right Force power, it may bump it up. For example:

Luke is battling a troop of Stormtroopers. There are 6 of them and one of him. He decides to activate Knight's Speed on his last Phase, allowing him +6" running and +2 SPD for 1 round. The next round, he goes on 6 phases and is able to activate other Force powers as long as he has the END to do it.

But then, I also use the old Force skills (Alter, Sense and Control) and require them to use various Force powers.