Distinctive Feature in FH

MisterD

I think that DF is doable in FH.

Distinctive Feature: Race (Human, Elf, Dwarf, whatever)

Concealable.

Noticed

Not distinctive in some cultures.

In a busy city the character may go unknoticed BUT have that character travle through a halfling villiage. He will be distinctive.

Makes sense if it will come up in play often enough to matter. If John the Ogre has DF:Ogre and the adventures often take him through Human towns, that's a serious disad. If Jane the Human has DF:Human and almost never leaves Human controlled lands, it's not worth points. Same basic rule as any other disad.

Originally posted by MisterD

I basically started this because I seem to have a problem coming up with 75 points of disads for my characters (trying to come up with Fantasy disads not Modern or Super hero)

Maybe someone can start a thread for Disads apropriate for Fatasy Hero

What kind of ground rules are you looking at? Psych limits are more than appropriate in any genre. If your GM permits 50 points of each type of Disad then a typical Fighter might habe 50 points of Psych limits, an Enraged, maybe a Rival, maybe an enemy or social disad. A mage might have 50 points in psych limits, a social limit, an enemy, and/or a reputation. 25 points per category is doable, but tougher.

Originally posted by OddHat

What kind of ground rules are you looking at? Psych limits are more than appropriate in any genre. If your GM permits 50 points of each type of Disad then a typical Fighter might habe 50 points of Psych limits, an Enraged, maybe a Rival, maybe an enemy or social disad. A mage might have 50 points in psych limits, a social limit, an enemy, and/or a reputation. 25 points per category is doable, but tougher.

I usually go with 25 point max per catagory. Generally, I end up with 25 pts worth of psych lims, 25 points worth of hunteds, and then a mix-mash of everything else. Rivalries are good, as are small reputations. I like to give the GM plenty of plot starters. I think these work well.